Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

An introduction

ALL*HeLL said:
pickettschargeend.jpg
I did the 125th reenactment of Gettysburg. Boy was it hot in the wools. May have to see about doing the 150th... [huh]

CRH

Call Me a Cab
RBH said:
Welcome to the Lounge!
Now we need a picture of you in a nice thin ribbon on that old 8N ! :D
Enjoy your stay!!!

Oh my yes! And make it in Black and White for effect :D.

You're gonna have a great time here, ALL*HeLL.

Chuck Bobuck

Practically Family
HarpPlayerGene said:
Welcome!

Hats and firearms. Two of the four best things a fella' can be interested in. ;)

I live in a home (built 1883) in Florida where a Union soldier settled (was one of the Yanks sent by the Union to homestead and take a postmaster position in the swampy South) years after the war. His name was Asa Sleeth Hardman. He was captured at Gettysburg and was charged with helping other wounded POWs. He watched Pickett's charge from the roof of a barn and wrote memoirs of that event and others which were published and can be sourced to this day.

That sounds like quite a historical home you have there HPG.

And welcome to the Lounge A*H.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
It's already been mentioned that you'll fit right in here. You'll find several forums that will grab your interest.
Looks like the nephew is relishing the prospect of plugging one of the King's Bloodybacks!
Speaking of which, I've had a hankering for a three cornered hat for a long time. Your nephew is wearing a military one, right? Where would I find a civilian style one? Such as good old Ben Franklin might have worn? I mean a good quality authentic one.
Anyhow, welcome!

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Neil said:
I like hats.
Firearms give me the creeps, especially the ones meant specifically for killing people. I was in the army awhile when I was young. . . long enough to see what weapons can do, and that most people can't shoot straight.
But hats. . .great.

I you can't understand Chapter 704 then you probably can't shoot straight anyway :rolleyes:.

I love crooked hats.

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
BinkieBaumont said:
"I must be the only one uneasy at "teenage angst" revelling in the right to bear fire-arms?"

Yep, I'd say you're right....[bad], but I like your posts; they're always droll.:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou