Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

An introduction

ALL*HeLL

New in Town
Hi, I'm a newbie to this forum and to fedoras but not to hat collecting.

Up until now I have collected historic helmets, reproduction Civil War kepis and slouch hats, Revolutionary War tricorns, and most recently, many western hats; both straw and felt, especially since I moved to the country last year and spend alot of time outdoors in my corn on the tractor ( A 1940 Ford 9N ). Being from Michigan though I felt kind of strange wearing western hats.

I have the usual ball caps of course but nothing beats a full brimmed hat for protection against the sun for my pale blue scottish skin-hehe.

I just picked up an Adam executive from Ebay and am definitely hooked on vintage hats and love the way they look on me. I can see this addiction becoming as bad as my other addiction, which is firearms. I already have three vintage fedoras ( besides the Adam; a Lock Co. and a Royal Deluxe Stetson ) and one Jaxon Iconoclast in fur ( very nice hat IMO ).

I also collect and restore old firearms, mostly from the two world wars but going back as far as the Revolutionary War.

Thunder21's posts on AR15.com are what finally inspired me to try fedoras, even though it should have been a a natural choice for me considering that I mostly watch movies from the golden age and mostly collect things from the 1940's and 1930's. I even just recently picked up a RCA K6 radio from 1940. I also only really listen to music from the swing era anymore to the embarrasment and horror of my old punkrock friends ( few they may be ) and my poor chidlren-haha. I'm 39 and will be 40 in February and have 3 teenage children, one boy and twin girls, btw.

Anyway, a thanks to Thunder and a Hi to all of you here.

I hope I can become a valuable member here. :)

Tim

BTW- My nickname comes from Johnny Johnson's name for his P-47 Thunderbolt, in case you were wondering.

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
Welcome to the Lounge Tim. The wonderful folk around here are certainly passionate about their lids.

How about some photos of some of your historic hat collection??

ALL*HeLL

New in Town
Well, here is a pic of my 1940 Ford 9N for starters, I know it's off topic but seems to fit in this forum dedicated to old style everything and it's all I have on hand at the moment. I'll get some hat pics up tomorrow. I need to take some pics.

afarm.jpg

colps

One of the Regulars
Welcome to the lounge, there sure are some nice folks around here you will enjoy it.

ALL*HeLL

New in Town
My daughter wearing a Berdan's sharpshooters green kepi in Gettysburg at the center of Pickett's charge beginning on Seminary ridge. That's me in the Jeep. Berdan's men probed the lines on July 2nd just 200 yards to the right of the picture and suffered heavy casualties.

pickettschargeend.jpg

This is where Lee watched the last charge and met his men coming back, shattered, and apologised to them saying it was his fault, not theirs. In the ground pictured.

RBH

Bartender
ALL*HeLL said:
Well, here is a pic of my 1940 Ford 9N for starters, I know it's off topic but seems to fit in this forum dedicated to old style everything and it's all I have on hand at the moment. I'll get some hat pics up tomorrow. I need to take some pics.

afarm.jpg
Welcome to the Lounge!
Now we need a picture of you in a nice thin ribbon on that old 8N ! :D
Enjoy your stay!!!

Carlisle Blues

My Mail is Forwarded Here
ALL*HeLL said:

afarm.jpg

Welcome to the Lounge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!You will find this place to be a wonderful resource and very friendly place to be.

I am lovin your tractor.....:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

I love my little gizmo too, but, I think there is a bit of difference...lol lol lol

dsc01597.jpg

cookie

I'll Lock Up
ALL*HeLL said:
I just picked up an Adam executive from Ebay and am definitely hooked on vintage hats and love the way they look on me. I can see this addiction becoming as bad as my other addiction, which is firearms. I already have three vintage fedoras ( besides the Adam; a Lock Co. and a Royal Deluxe Stetson ) and one Jaxon Iconoclast in fur ( very nice hat IMO ).

I also collect and restore old firearms, mostly from the two world wars but going back as far as the Revolutionary War.

Thunder21's posts on AR15.com are what finally inspired me to try fedoras, even though it should have been a a natural choice for me considering that I mostly watch movies from the golden age and mostly collect things from the 1940's and 1930's. I even just recently picked up a RCA K6 radio from 1940. I also only really listen to music from the swing era anymore to the embarrasment and horror of my old punkrock friends ( few they may be ) and my poor chidlren-haha. I'm 39 and will be 40 in February and have 3 teenage children, one boy and twin girls, btw.

You will fit right in around here with your eclectic Golden Era interests . Cheers :beer:

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
ALL*HeLL said:
My daughter wearing a Berdan's sharpshooters green kepi in Gettysburg at the center of Pickett's charge beginning on Seminary ridge. That's me in the Jeep. Berdan's men probed the lines on July 2nd just 200 yards to the right of the picture and suffered heavy casualties.

This is where Lee watched the last charge and met his men coming back, shattered, and apologised to them saying it was his fault, not theirs. In the ground pictured.

Welcome!

Hats and firearms. Two of the four best things a fella' can be interested in. ;)

I live in a home (built 1883) in Florida where a Union soldier settled (was one of the Yanks sent by the Union to homestead and take a postmaster position in the swampy South) years after the war. His name was Asa Sleeth Hardman. He was captured at Gettysburg and was charged with helping other wounded POWs. He watched Pickett's charge from the roof of a barn and wrote memoirs of that event and others which were published and can be sourced to this day.

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
Welcome to the Lounge, A*H. G-Burg is quite impressive to see in person,isn't it? I've been there twice so far. You just can't grasp the enormity of Pickett's Charge until you see all that open space in person.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steveng183