Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

and people stare at us.......

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
That's given me a chuckle.

Our ER rooms I'm sure are just as bad if not worse but I'm sure you wouldn't see a case like that (looks like a Jerry Springer show guest lol )

Goose.

Practically Family
Mr. 'H' said:
That's given me a chuckle.

Our ER rooms I'm sure are just as bad if not worse but I'm sure you wouldn't see a case like that (looks like a Jerry Springer show guest lol )
HA HA! Mr. H...you are probably right. I saw few crazy fights at end of the Dublin St. Patrick's Day parade during my first work stay in County Wicklow. What a party town (back in the early '90s). Please accept this post as my way of saying dia dhuit An tUasal H.

Ephraim Tutt said:
Yep - cracked me up too Goose.
What a hoot.

And that, folks - is my 15th post. Can I make myself at home now?
Thanks and welcome.
Just be prepared for some life changing decisions...food, gas, or hats. Choose one ;)

Anyway, Bart, thanks for the thread. That website has some goofy stuff indeed

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Maybe he's more worried about not getting the back of his neck sunburned...? Still he looks like a dope.

handlebar bart said:
failownedhatfailm.jpg

a fedora would be the proper hat......and I guess he could still wear it backwards:eusa_doh:

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Hey there Ephraim- welcome! Prepare to learn alot here and see great pics of vintage clothes and accessories. You'll find that there are so many good people here on FL to make friends with. No doubt your hat collection and wardrobe will increase as a direct result of being here!

If you kick off the shoes and you have sharp socks, do show us a picture! And of the suit jacket, heck maybe even keep it on for a while longer!

Sigh, men look so dashing in vintage suits...

Went to a Bistro last night to hear a deco era pianist & vocalist and not one of the gents (all male attendees dressed in their vintage DB suits and fedoras or cream dinner jackets with black bow tie, tux shirts and tux pants) removed their suits coats. Gorgeous.

Ephraim Tutt said:
...I'll just kick my shoes off, throw the Akubra Bogart on the hat stand, sling the suit coat over the back of the chair, grab a coffee and enjoy the classy company around here.

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
G'day - and many thanks Chanteuse and Goose (hey that rhymes!).
I feel welcome already.
And now that I'm allowed to post pictures, I'll do so (sans socks shots) as soon as I figure out how.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Aw shucks, no socks pics...:( Not like this gent at a recent vintage 4th of July event we attended...
368896373.jpg
Two of the gents you see laughing along in this pic also had on fancy socks too AND sock garters and showed them off! This dapper fellow in the vintage Palm Beach suit started it. Our 13yo son Daniel is on the end smiling and thinking "yeah- those are killer socks and yes I need sock garters..."

Ephraim Tutt said:
I feel welcome already.
And now that I'm allowed to post pictures, I'll do so (sans socks shots) as soon as I figure out how.

Goose.

Practically Family
Ephraim Tutt said:
I feel welcome already.
This "sock" thing remnded me of somthine I'd long forgotter.
A decade or so ago, when I used to have to wear sutis to work, I always wore sharp neckties and, while not expensive, nice suits. Shirts were easy...always had to be white, but I had nice ones.
One day a guy game up and said "hey Goose, I just heard some ladies in the cafeteria talking about how you always wear the nices socks". :eusa_doh: lol Thought he was joking until one of the ladies mentioned my socks a few days later in a meeting. Who'd a thought?
My wife then told me that women always check out a gents shoes and socks.

So, now you guys have something else to worry about...what socks to wear with that fedora :p lol

SpatzKat

New in Town
I had to do a doubletake on this one. I work as an EMT at Citi Field and this cat looks much like a patient I picked up after he did a face plant (hat also backwards.)
On the sock thing, maybe I'm just strange, but I'm rather picky about socks. They always have a pattern, match my tie and compliment my pants. Heh and yes, the ladies do notice

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
Ye gods! Now we have to match from tip to toe!!
Who'da thought the ladies were checking out our socks, eh?
I always pay attention to shirts (though they do tend to be white for work) and ties (always Italian silk - Burberry's are a favourite) but socks tend to be black or black.
Clearly I need to get more creative with this neglected end of things.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
a good story you posted here Goose. I've always thought Fred Astaire's bright socks that he wore in his color films looked so great. Got my Daniel (our Fred Astaire wannabe) two bright pattern pairs of socks at RL in San Francisco for his birthday.

Goose. said:
This "sock" thing remnded me of somthine I'd long forgotter.
A decade or so ago, when I used to have to wear sutis to work, I always wore sharp neckties and, while not expensive, nice suits. Shirts were easy...always had to be white, but I had nice ones.
One day a guy game up and said "hey Goose, I just heard some ladies in the cafeteria talking about how you always wear the nices socks". :eusa_doh: lol Thought he was joking until one of the ladies mentioned my socks a few days later in a meeting. Who'd a thought?
My wife then told me that women always check out a gents shoes and socks.

So, now you guys have something else to worry about...what socks to wear with that fedora :p lol

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Ephraim, if you can find past posts of SlimPortly and Thunder21 in the "What are you wearing today?" thread, they usually show a shot of their cool socks.

Yeah we gals notice stuff like that! At least I will from now on among the vintage dressed guys at events we attend!

Ephraim Tutt said:
Ye gods! Now we have to match from tip to toe!!
Who'da thought the ladies were checking out our socks, eh?
I always pay attention to shirts (though they do tend to be white for work) and ties (always Italian silk - Burberry's are a favourite) but socks tend to be black or black.
Clearly I need to get more creative with this neglected end of things.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL