Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Andykev's PanamaBob Montecristi

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
These are pictures of Andykev's Montecristi straw hat from PanamaBob. This hat was finished by Art Fawcett. I'll let them chime in with more information on it.

DCP_3191-vi.jpg

DCP_3192-vi.jpg

DCP_3194-vi.jpg

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Thanks a million

For posting the photos. This is the panama bob hat that I purchased for under $250. It was blocked by Art, and I was delighted. Last week, I visited Art for our weekly lunch, and it was decided that the crown was too low, and the brim too wide.

Before Pictures: http://fedoralounge.skyblueproductions.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=545

REBLOCK TIME!!!!!!!!

Art stripped the hat, and reblocked it on a taller crown vintage block with "seams" on the sides, and at the rear. Seams like the ridge on an "optimo style" panama hat. Like Charlie Chan.

The hat is perfect. Unfortunately the flash blurs the quality of the photo.

I will try to take some pics in sunlight on Monday and post them.

The hat ribbon was changed to a bit wider, and it is Navy Blue..good alternative to black.

I can attest to Art's talents.

Buy a Panama Bob good hat body, and send it to Art. You will have an $800 hat for about $300 invested. Do the math!!;)

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Thanks for the compliment Andy. Although I made a major goof this week, fortunately that doesn't happen often. Have to make this short as Iam in Oregon, but of course have to stop by the lounge for a quick one.

Cheers!! See ya on Friday Andy..looking forward to flying the beach

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Measurements

The straw hat has a 2 3/4 inch brim width at the front, and slightly less (- 1/4 or so) at the rear. Not a dimensional "cut" just how the hat was properly blocked, you don't always want it the same all the way around unless it's a boater!!!!

The crown height is a perfect 4 1/4 inches a the bottom of the V in the front pinch.

Sides are about 4 1/2 at the peak of the front pinches...and slope to 4 1/4 at the place on each side where the "seam" is.

I'm sure you will agree, but this is a beautiful shape, style, and I particularly love the "creases" in the sides of the crown.

GOOD JOB ART! It always pays to trust "THE MASTER".

rayk

Familiar Face
Great hat, Andy. Wish that I had known about this site prior to my purchase of a fino fino from PanamaBob. I've not yet received my new Montecristi, which is being blocked in Ecuador, but I have every confidence in the blocking abilities of the Ecuadorian blockers; however, Art's job on Andy's hat looks exceptional. Art, if you're taking new customers, I'll probably buy a few more hats this season that will require blocking.

Ray K.

Sergei

Gone Home
That is a great looking Montecristi! Very good weave and nice block job from Art. Hmmm....dark navy ribbon. That's a nice touch too. It was close to 90 degrees here in San Diego yesterday. All I thought about was straw hats.

Good job Art and Bob!

-Sergei

Kilgour Trout

One of the Regulars
90's!!!

Sergei...you must be on another planet!:D, Just when it was warming up we got 8 inches of snow last night. So..Instead of thinking Panama, In Red Lake, I was thinking long john's, 40's full length wool overcoat and my cozy Fed D. on my noggin :cool: Mind you..when it does get above Zero, Panamabob..offers a very nice option. When you're sitting on the deck sipping on that cool drink, remember us northerners!

Warm Regards..
Kilgour Trout

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner