Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ANJ4, the dream. Lost Worlds vs Eastman

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
Reading along, don't know why because I live in Los Angeles, but these kinds of jackets have always been on my bucket list.

I bought an Aero B3 off the classifieds a few weeks back. Literally was 105 in LA the day the package arrived. Glad I did though because I can finally say I got one and was about half price what a new one would cost in pretty much new condition, but yeah, it's definitely not going to be a daily wearer for me, obviously. I've used it a few times though in short bursts. It does get down into the 40s at night from Nov - Mar, so for a quick dog walk or run to the store it's fine. Whereas I used to put on a hoodie and puffer jacket, I'll now put on this and be hella happy. But you seriously feel that warmth building up inside you after about 20 minutes until the point it becomes unbearable. That's with a tshirt underneath. I couldn't imagine having to shovel snow in it.

I paid another $150 to slim mine up a little. Took like 3 inches off the mid section down to the bottom hem. So it feels a little more fitting and manageable. But yeah, I got wandering eyes for a D1 or B6 next time I see one at a good price. I think the shorter sheepskin will be night and day. Don't know how I can justify having 2 of these kinds of jackets though LOL. And I love Mr. Propers Coastal Command. The stuffing so to speak seems a lot thinner and curly kind so maybe not as intense.

Also, forgot to mention, I've actually contemplated shaving down some of the shearling. I mean, that's what they do to sheep, right ; ) It's too nice of a jacket to screw up though. Maybe some day I'll move to North Dakota and be like a pig in slop or you know what I mean

Last edited:

deeds

New in Town
Here’s my Lost Worlds, I can’t believe I let this one go.

View attachment 279320

3 things:
1) that jacket is a beaut.
2) why does the leather stretch away from the Zip in that stitched triangle area by the bottom of the zip? Its only on one side. is this to almost replicate the benefit of having the two buttons at the bottom and sitting down?
3) the jacket in your profile pic looks damn cool. Where can i see a better pic of that? :D

deeds

New in Town
I paid another $150 to slim mine up a little. Took like 3 inches off the mid section down to the bottom hem. So it feels a little more fitting and manageable. But yeah, I got wandering eyes for a D1 or B6 next time I see one at a good price. I think the shorter sheepskin will be night and day. Don't know how I can justify having 2 of these kinds of jackets though LOL. And I love Mr. Propers Coastal Command. The stuffing so to speak seems a lot thinner and curly kind so maybe not as intense.

Who would do such tailoring on a jacket like that? Im thinking perhaps its better to go OTR and take it to one such tailor. Its what i did with suits in the past...

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
Who would do such tailoring on a jacket like that? Im thinking perhaps its better to go OTR and take it to one such tailor. Its what i did with suits in the past...
you really need to ask around. I had 3 or 4 straight up tell me no. If you find someone with upholstery back ground, you got a better shot. In actuality, it's a bit easier than regular leather jacket because you can clearly see the seams and don't have to deal with the lining. It's just very intimidating walking in with that big jacket.

If you want to do via mail (really tricky, you really need to understand your measurements vs. the jacket measurements and properly communicate it), I used Arrow in Kansas City to do some work and they did a great job. Others have mentioned other people as well in various threads if you do some searches.

Part of me wanted to leave it big and baggy because that's kind of the style and because I know every time you rip open a jacket, there's a chance something can go wrong. But I'm glad I did. Some of the stitching is off and he didn't match the thread color, but it's little details that don't affect the overall look of the jacket. But certainly can drive the OCD crazy :mad:

dubpynchon

One Too Many
3 things:
1) that jacket is a beaut.
2) why does the leather stretch away from the Zip in that stitched triangle area by the bottom of the zip? Its only on one side. is this to almost replicate the benefit of having the two buttons at the bottom and sitting down?
3) the jacket in your profile pic looks damn cool. Where can i see a better pic of that? :D
It's to make it easier to zip the jacket, you can't beat the functionality of those military jackets. My profile pic was taken from a pic posted from another member, it was a year or two ago now, I can't find it sorry. It does look sweet though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner