Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ANNOUNCEMENT: Fedora Lounge Launches a Magazine

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
What a fantastic idea!

I work for a publishers too, and for one of our most popular magazines, we recently launched a PDF based, downloadable version of the printed magazine. It comes free with the subscription, or is available as a stand-alone at a much cheaper price. For overseas people it's proving quite successful. It might be something to consider if and when you launch overseas!

J

jp*81

Oooohhh fun!!!

My husband is always dragging me to Barnes and Noble to get magazines and I always tell him the same thing, there aren't very many magazines I am interested in reading that I don't already subscribe to.

Anyways... I don't know if I can expect to see it there, but I will find it or get a subscription.

~Waiting for November, hmm... just in time for my birthday.;)

J. M. Stovall

Call Me a Cab
The Wolf said:
Mr Sefton's idea is morally wrong but I could see how i might "accidently" cover other magazines with yours while buying a copy.
The Wolf

:eek:fftopic: I worked for a company that imported, dubbed, and sold Anime here in the US, and we were encouraged to always move our product to the front and/or more prominent areas whenever the opportunity arose.

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender

In ten years of magazine publishing, I have never published an article that wasn't assigned by us first.

We have had writers that we work with pitch ideas.....and sometimes we will like it and green light it.

raiderrescuer

One of the Regulars
New Magazine...

May I offer a bit of observation of today’s magazines that I personally dislike:

40 pages of ads for 20 pages of articles and of the 20 article pages, 10 of them seem like infomercials for products in themselves.

I realize to help keep the cover cost down, ads are a necessity but today’s magazines seem to have an inordinate amount of them.

Or another pet peeve:

A dozen pages of ads before you get to the page of contents...that is shared with a half page ad, so you can't find the content and half the articles mentioned on the cover that can't be found in the Content Page.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL