Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Another Diamond Dave J-100

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
CLARIFICATION: I reached out to Dave about the brown that shows in the images. That is only color coming from a warming light reflector he uses to photograph the jacket. I've been assured that the jacket is 100% black, and that the top coat is very sturdy so that no brown will be showing through for quite some time. I'll add my own crappy photos showing this once the jacket arrives.

Thats great! I personally prefer a jacket that retains its color and evolves slowly, over an extended period, as opposed to a jacket that changes color overnight. Sounds like you have a winner. Looking forward to the follow-up photos, both when you receive it and over time.

pawineguy

One Too Many
Finally arrived, sizing seems to be perfect. Significant pre-curve to the arms. The black is.... really black. I'll get some better pictures as some point but have to run to a party so here's the quick ones: (Note, all the hardware is NOS Talon or United Carr, except for the front chain itself, but the front puller is NOS) Leather is very supple right out of the box, but it also seems pretty rugged, so no concerns there. Liner is good quality and very slick, so easy on/off.

IMG_0486.JPG IMG_0488.JPG IMG_0491.JPG

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
Nice... Really, really nice! I'm repeating myself but I hope mine turnout like yours Chris!

I'm glad to hear the fit is perfect.

Congrats on this beauty!

dan_t

Practically Family
Hi, it looks great - both the jacket & the fit. Although The pictures are a little dark & difficult to see. Perhaps some additional pictures in the sunlight?

pawineguy

One Too Many
A close up view of a grainy section on the right sleeve over some of the smoother parts. Torrential rain here so better shots in sunlight of the rest of the jacket will probably have to wait a few weeks. The leather is fairly shiny (I'm presuming from the top coat) but with some wear I'm sure that will tone down. It's supple without being "soft" on the surface. My Thedi (Dan's Thedi) HH was supple and soft on the surface, while this steerhide is more like goat, where it's very flexible but the surface is still firm, if that makes sense.

IMG_0493 2.JPG

IN that case, agreed. I didn't go back and read it all again, so I thought it was the Shinki. I've never had steer shrink, and I've worn that for years riding in the rain...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points