Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Another New Member - Hello

Bama Mike

Familiar Face
Hello all. I recently found this terrific site through several members who referenced it on another forum. I've spent a good bit of time reading many of the other posts and topics. For just a brief introduction - I live in Mobile, AL and work as a detective with the Mobile Police Department. My hat collection is modest right now. I have several wool hats made by Bailey and St. Patrick and I just purchased a grey Imperial Quality Felt Squatter from Akubra and really like it. It was my first attempt at "bashing" a hat myself. I guess it is still a work in progress but I found it really personalized the hat for me - putting my own mark on it. As are many of you, I'm sure, I'm in the minority in my city as a hat wearer but I'm starting to see it a little more often. I gave a hat as a gift to a fellow employee for Christmas. I figured what better way to help grow the custom than to give one away. Anyway, that's about it. I look forward to being here.

100_1557.jpg

100_1556.jpg

100_1551.jpg

Al

One of the Regulars
Bama Mike said:
Hello all. I recently found this terrific site through several members who referenced it on another forum. I've spent a good bit of time reading many of the other posts and topics. For just a brief introduction - I live in Mobile, AL and work as a detective with the Mobile Police Department. My hat collection is modest right now. I have several wool hats made by Baily and St. Patrick and I just purchased a grey Imperial Quality Felt Squatter from Akubra and really like it. It was my first attempt at "bashing" a hat myself. I guess it is still a work in progress but I found it really personalized the hat for me - putting my own mark on it. As are many of you, I'm sure, I'm in the minority in my city as a hat wearer but I'm starting to see it a little more often. I gave a hat as a gift to a fellow employee for Christmas. I figure what better way than to help grow the custom. Anyway, that's about it. I look forward to being here.

A warm welcome to you Bama! Nice family avatar.

If you need members for your Hat Proliferation Society, count me in - Great idea.

Enjoy

Bama Mike

Familiar Face
Al said:
A warm welcome to you Bama! Nice family avatar.

If you need members for your Hat Proliferation Society, count me in - Great idea.

Enjoy

Thanks, Al. Perhaps we can lobby Congress for federal funds to further our cause of preventing the extinction of gentlemen hat wearers.

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Welcome aboard, Bama!

And welcome to the hat obsession> :p I figure I may as well ask, since it'll come up sooner or later: Do you wear a fedora on the job? I can't think of a more classic look for a detective! :)

Regards,
Tom

Bama Mike

Familiar Face
Tango Yankee said:
Welcome aboard, Bama!

And welcome to the hat obsession> :p I figure I may as well ask, since it'll come up sooner or later: Do you wear a fedora on the job? I can't think of a more classic look for a detective! :)

Regards,
Tom

Only recently did I start wearing one to work. This last year I've really made a greater effort to wear nicer suits, sport coats, and attempt to put together a more "classic" look. I'm still learning but everyday is an adventure. I've found that the better dressed I am when leaving the house the better my outlook on the day is.

Al

One of the Regulars
Bama Mike said:
Thanks, Al. Perhaps we can lobby Congress for federal funds to further our cause of preventing the extinction of gentlemen hat wearers.

They waste our tax money on $10,000 toilet seats and other pork, why not on Hat Proliferation. Seems to me to be money well spent. Oh!, by the way; maybe we shouldn't get off topic.

Bogie

One of the Regulars
Hello!

Welcome to the lounge Bama Mike! :)

It's great to have you here, I do like that personal bash on your Akubra, the feather isn't for me though, but to each his own.

1911 Man

A-List Customer
Welcome, welcome! I've been here a while, linger a lot, but don't say much. I too, am a police officer, but I work patrol, and I can't wear my fedora to work ;) . However, my applications are in to the detective division, and when I transer over, there will be two detectives sporting fedoras in my department. Hopefully soon. Glad to have another 5-0 aboard.

RBH

Bartender
1911 Man said:
Welcome, welcome! I've been here a while, linger a lot, but don't say much. I too, am a police officer, but I work patrol, and I can't wear my fedora to work ;) . However, my applications are in to the detective division, and when I transer over, there will be two detectives sporting fedoras in my department. Hopefully soon. Glad to have another 5-0 aboard.
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk