Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Another new person dumb question

cooper

One of the Regulars
Whats the difference between a fedora and an adventurer or "Indiana Jones" hat? Just brim size? Without the two side by side, the one Jones used looks like a fedora.

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
The Indy hat IS a fedora. Why would you think otherwise? It's an unusually wide-brimmed and high-crowned (and untapered-crowned) fedora, but still within the parameters of typical 1930s hats.

(BTW, love your avatar - "Nightmare at 20,000 Feet"!)

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
I guess "adventurer" could be considered a model name of sorts. Many sites have a hat with that or a similar name to draw a certain customer type. This habit will cause a crossover of fedoras that look sort of like Indy's and Outback hats (wide-brimmed, Digging for the Truth types).
A note of imporatance, though... if you have a specific interest in the Indiana Jones style, as seen in the films; ask us - we know the best ones! :fedora:
Welcome aboard!
NB

Aaron Hats

Vendor
PS: The wool Indy 551 by DP will start using a real leather sweat instead of what they used in the past. They'll probably start shipping it as soon as they run out of the current stock.

Aaron

cooper

One of the Regulars
Aaron Hats said:
PS: The wool Indy 551 by DP will start using a real leather sweat instead of what they used in the past. They'll probably start shipping it as soon as they run out of the current stock.

Aaron
Thanks for that. It'll be a while before I get another hat.I just ordered a coopertown.I like those Baily fireholes.Bit of a western look. Is that considered a cowboy hat or fedora?That Baily Morgan it tops too.Nice site. Added to favorites.

Aaron Hats

Vendor
cooper said:
Thanks for that. It'll be a while before I get another hat.I just ordered a coopertown.I like those Baily fireholes.Bit of a western look. Is that considered a cowboy hat or fedora?That Baily Morgan it tops too.Nice site. Added to favorites.

The Firehole and Morgan are both western styles. They're very popular because they're western without being too cowboy and not a stiff 4" brim.

You'll have to take a drive up and visit us sometime.

Aaron

cooper

One of the Regulars
Aaron Hats said:
The Firehole and Morgan are both western styles. They're very popular because they're western without being too cowboy and not a stiff 4" brim.

You'll have to take a drive up and visit us sometime.

Aaron
Where are you in N.H.?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran