Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Another Schott in Shinki, this one looks good!

1702393174926.png

1702393190102.png

$1700...Schott for the moon and you'll be among the stars....

cl206

New in Town
I saw this in the NYC store last time I was there (Dec 2nd). It was amazing!
BUT anyone help me understand why the back has that one vertical line? I would prefer a cleaner/flat look in the back but then again maybe there is some function/purpose to that back, my novice mind doesn't perceive. Also I would personally prefer zipper cuffs, for ease of use.
Thanks!

I saw this in the NYC store last time I was there (Dec 2nd). It was amazing!
BUT anyone help me understand why the back isn't one piece? I would prefer a cleaner/flat look in the back but then again maybe there is some function/purpose to that back, my novice mind doesn't perceive.
Thanks!
It's modeled after similar aviator style backs of the time.

But, c’mon, really? You can’t post measurements. I get that doing it for this jacket would mean doing it for all of their jackets and their fit finder is pretty good, but at $1700 aren’t measurements industry standard?
I agree, the thing I have noticed with some of these one-off Schott builds (like the CXL halfbelt I briefly owned) the shoulders are extremely narrow as are the sleeves. The measurements themselves wouldn't reveal that but they would be nice to have.

nattevagten

A-List Customer
What's the deal with the back length on some of these Schott cross zips? Looks kinda long. 24" or similar works best on this style, IMO

Observe

One Too Many
If you email Schott they will give you the spec sheet for any style. Not sure why they don't just include it on the product page like many other retailers.

Jacket looks cool, hope someone here gets one and shares it with us.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yeah that's a deal breaker for me. If you design an Aviator why skip the side adjusters?

The odd thing is their standard collection 1930s aviator has the side adjusters on the half-belt.

What's the deal with the back length on some of these Schott cross zips? Looks kinda long. 24" or similar works best on this style, IMO

I disagree actually. (Though I thought so too and paid the price.) I wish I’d gone longer on my aviator. They’re double breasted like motorcycle jackets but I think in every other respect they’re more like half-belts.

Motocann

One Too Many
But, c’mon, really? You can’t post measurements. I get that doing it for this jacket would mean doing it for all of their jackets and their fit finder is pretty good, but at $1700 aren’t measurements industry standard?
Yeah, I guess when you have a 24 year old doing your web page, they don't really think of measurement charts
;-)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters