Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Another Who does ‘Round the Clock Vintage

Edward

Bartender
I always joke that I use the newest, most modern, high-tech equipment to enjoy old, monophonic, low fidelity content.

See THis? That's me, that is:

490002.jpg

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Personally, I'd be content to have my home recreated in a 1940s style, unfortunately dh is not on board. I look at all these modern electronics as simply being more things to go wrong and costing a lot of money to fix - or more likely in our throw away society - replace. I was perfectly content with my landline phone, then with my "dumb" flip phone, and now my Smartphone does things that makes me believe it's possessed because I know I don't have the technological sense to do anything with it other than basic commands. The second day I had it, it erased every contact I had. :confused: Even the "geniuses" at Apple were at a loss as to why it happened. I still write things down with a pen on paper rather than putting it in my phone. I guess I'm officially an old fogey because I long for the simpler times of the good old days.
What you could do is collect a few knick-knacks here and there. Like a period bathrom scale, or something in the kitchen like a vintage coffee grinder, or perhaps an English tea set, with a teapot. You could display a non working period phone and when your DH gets used to it, have it wired in. There's quite a selection of faux vintage kitchen scales on the market, or you could get the real thing on E-Bay.
vintage1.jpg vintage-coffee.jpg vintage-kitchen.jpg vintage-phones.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk