Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Another, "Who is the person in this picture?,... thread."

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
As I was setting up some of my art work in a gallery today for a show, I noticed that one of my frames looked really awful in the light of the space it was to hang. So I took it home with me to re-frame for this evening. On the way I stopped at a thrift store to check for frames. A great source of affordable frames.
Any way, I see only one frame that appears to be the correct size for my needs, but it's fairly trashed, and will need extensive rehab.
But the image contained in the frame turns out to be this captivating hand colored photograph from the 1930s I think, from the look of her hair and her dress.
The folks at the thrift store mention that she looks familiar somehow and therefore maybe famous.
I don't know,...[huh]
Here she is,...
Newvintagepicture001-1.jpg
[/IMG]
Newvintagepicture004.jpg
[/IMG]
I can't wait until I have time to open up this back and see if there is any more information.
Newvintagepicture005.jpg
[/IMG]

"$8.00 Dollars Due" A fairly hefty sum to pay back then,...but the photo was expertly hand colored, and the frame was top notch. Appears to be a high-end job all the way.
But is she a person of note??

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Yes it is a beautiful photo. I opened up the back, but didn't find any info. No penciled note, no vintage IBM stock certificates,...nothing. :( But I will refinish her frame and cut a mat to hide a few small tears at the edges of the paper.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff