Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anti-Anti Baseball Cap League?

Will you stand-up against anti-baseball cap types?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
Isn't it funny how most of the anti baseball cap crowd like to complain about people not being tolerant of them wearing fedoras?! :doh:

I don't see what's so offensive about the baseball cap? And even if someone can't stand the sight of them (for whatever strange reason), they should show the respect and courtesy they expect to receive in their headwear.

as one of the anti baseball cap crowd... I don't think that baseball cap wearers are not tolerant or any jazz like that. I just think that it is a rather pointless piece of headwear. If I were in a position to influence (not control, influence) style and what the everyday man wants to wear, I would push for something more practical, specifically something that has a brim all around. I hate getting sunburned on the back of my neck.

That said, I am a bit of a hypocrite, since I do like flat caps and 8 panel caps, which are equally impractical.

Dreispitz

One Too Many
Hm, it is certainly true that BB caps have failed esthetically whereas Bowler hats, for example, have not! Baseball caps are the plebiscitary vote against style, though.

Last edited:

bil_maxx

One of the Regulars
Its funny how wearing baseball caps has become so popular, but wearing any other kind of hat, like say a fedora, excites an immediate response. My main issue with baseball caps is that they are worn everywhere. At sports events I guess they are alright, but in restaurants and cafes in particular, it irritates me.

fmw

One Too Many
Out of curiosity, how do ball cap fans feel about the new ones with the wide flat bills?

Pera.T

One of the Regulars
Oh please. Discourtesy would be telling a person directly you don't like the kind of hats they wear. Here we are simply expressing generic preferences. Express yours and don't criticize others for expressing theirs.

I don't like men wearing shorts with their underwear showing at the top. I don't like computer telephone answering devices. I don't even like neckties. Those are preferences not discourtesies.
I'm not criticising people expressing personal preferences, that's the whole point I'm trying to make. If someone prefers to wear a baseball cap, I say put that cap on and enjoy! If they prefer to wear it sideways or back to front, go ahead! I couldn't care less what someone chooses to wear, it's only clothing. Wear what you enjoy wearing.

I don't make a note of these, but I have read many comments where people criticize those who wear ball caps. I'm sure many of these comments are made in jest, but personally I find it discourteous, even if it isn't said directly to the persons face. And as you can see from this thread, there are many fedora loungers who like to wear baseball caps on occasion, who I'm sure don't appreciate such comments.

By the way, as I know how internet discussions can be taken the wrong way, I'm not accusing you of having these views or making these comments. Just replying to the points you raised, and expanding on my original comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran