Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any Cigar Afficionados Out There?

deelovely

Practically Family
I love them too!

PADDY said:
So...any other ladies out there with a fine cigar photo opportunity, please post, as it just compliments this thread so well and shows that the cigar community knows no boundaries of sex, gender, culture..etc, nor should it.
Here is one of my cigar pics... This was taken aboard the Disney Wonder on the top deck, on our way to the Bahamas. I tend to lean toward the flavored cigars. I really enjoy the acids by Drew Estates and the flavours by CAO. I highly recommend the Moontrance by them. For a more traditional cigar, I enjoy Romeo y Julieta's Reserva Real and Ghurka's Black dragon.:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

P6170296.jpg

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Even little 'Harry' likes his cigar.

This is my very cultured little darling of a Schnauzer. You should see him with his glass of Port and velvet smoking jacket!! ;)

CigarHarry004.jpg

CigarHarry005.jpg

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
toooooo cuuuuuute!!!

PADDYThis is my very cultured little darling of a Schnauzer. You should see him with his glass of Port and velvet smoking jacket!! ;) [/QUOTE said:
GORGEOUS BABY!!!!!:D :eusa_clap Where is the glass of Port and the smoking jacket?????? lol :D

KL15

One of the Regulars
That is a great looking dog Paddy! I have one of those and wouldn't trade him for the world. I'll have to find out how to post pics on this.

RedPop4

One Too Many
It's easy KL15.
You need a website that "hosts" photographs, like Image Shack, Photobucket, or SnapFish, among others. I have a gallery on Cigar Weekly where I post regularly.

But your image needs to have it's own url. Then, when you have that, go to the photo on the web, wherever it's hosted.
Right click on it.
Select "Copy Image Location"
Now, you come here to the Lounge and you "Reply to Thread".

Up there on the tool bar, you see the Icon that looks like this?
insertimage.gif

Press it.
Now, when the little box pops up, insert the url of the image, then click OK.

You'll see

And when you hit submit, you should see your photo.

tandmark

One of the Regulars
Hello dere,

Figured I'd revive this (unaccountably) stale thread to report that Tinderbox, the tobacconist that's been located in the Southcenter Mall near Seattle for decades, is going out of business.

I left you all some good smokes, but did clean them out of a few things. ;)

Mostly I grabbed CAO Italias, Maker's Marks, and Padrons, for what it's worth.

Also for what it's worth, and in hopes that the thread revives a bit, the brands I tend to smoke, when I smoke, are:

CAO Italia
CAO Brazilia
Finck's Romero (maduro)
Te-Amo Cabinet Selection
Maria Mancini Magic Mountain
Toscani Extraveccia or Antica
Padron
Onyx Reserve
virtually anything by Nestor Plasencia
anything by Rolando Reyes (such as Puro Indios, Cuba Aliados)
Punch/Hoyo de Monterrey (the Honduran versions)
JR Ultimate (candela)
and various Natural and Acid varieties from Drew Estates

Cheers (and let me borrow your lighter a sec),
Mark

RedPop4

One Too Many
You may be happy to know that Rolando Reyes' grandson Carlos Diez is now the president of the newly renamed/rebranded Reyes Family Cigars. They've introduced some new lines in the last few monts--the Cuba Aliados Anniversary is a bloody good cigar as is their Puros Indios Viejo.

On January 1st, 2008, they introduced the Reyes Family Cigar Premier line, their first under the "new" label. The one I've had, so far was good, but one isn' t enough for me to endorse a cigar. I'll have to have a few before I'll pass an up or down judgement.

Not to shill or push people away from here, but I have an interview with Carlos Diez which ran on www.CigarWeekly.com a couple weeks ago.

Noindex

New in Town
I love cigars. In fact the photo to the left is myself and two friends at Cigar Aficionado's Big Smoke in Las Vegas last November. I met Michael Key there when he approached us to inquire about our fedora's and asked if we were familiar with The Lounge.....which we were. The funniest thing was, we were fairly drunk at that point and we all started harassing him for being the publisher but not having any hat on, much less a fedora. Sorry for the verbal abuse Mike.

tandmark said:
JR Ultimate (candela)
and various Natural and Acid varieties from Drew Estates

Cheers (and let me borrow your lighter a sec),
Mark

Ah, so I am not the only one who likes the JR branded cigars. The JR Ulitmate Cabinet cigars I recently purchased are really surprising for the price. Aged a year and, when smoked, have a nearly pipe tobacco smell. I was put off by the first one that didn't draw very well but the rest have been fine so far. Well, the first was fine too after I got out my trusty ice pick. ;) :p

indycop

I'll Lock Up
jamespowers said:
Ah, so I am not the only one who likes the JR branded cigars. The JR Ulitmate Cabinet cigars I recently purchased are really surprising for the price. Aged a year and, when smoked, have a nearly pipe tobacco smell. I was put off by the first one that didn't draw very well but the rest have been fine so far. Well, the first was fine too after I got out my trusty ice pick. ;) :p
How about JR's medium strength brand?

DblCoronaMS

One of the Regulars
The cigar is a Puros Indios Cut Head #5. The watch is a Citizen Eco-Drive Nighthawk. The Hemi is an '05 Ram Quad Cab 1500 Thunder Road edition in graphite grey.

Chas

One Too Many
I love cigars.

I despise cigarettes, but I love a cigar once a month or so as a treat. Being up in Canada, we get Cubans here. The only one I have tried so far are Christianos.

Jovan

Suspended
I like cigars -- or any quality form of tobacco, really. Marlboros don't do it for me and smell like burnt chemicals (probably because they are).

I've had Swisher Sweets and Phillies Blunts, but does anyone have any other recommendations that are decently priced and good bang for the buck? I've been thinking of trying cigarillos, those little half-cigar half-cigarette mutts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael