Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any Cigar Afficionados Out There?

Al

One of the Regulars
IndianaGuybrush said:
Welcome scotrace, and if you think your bankroll suffered before you got here, hang-on man, you're in for a bumpy ride!

As for you being eccentric for dressing like that in your small Ohio town... I get looked at weird because I wear my fedoras in public in NYC. I'd fit in better if I wore a Doo Rag and a big puffy jacket :rolleyes: . As it stands, I'll let my 'eccentricity' reign. The way ashion has been going, everyone will be wearing a fedora in the next few years, and then I'll have to fend off accusations of being a 'poser' just trying to fit in!

After reading your post, the following quote came to mind;

"Do not fear to be eccentric in opinion, for every opinion now accepted was once eccentric."

-Bertrand Russell
British author, mathematician, & philosopher (1872 - 1970)

-Al

RedPop4 said:
Remedios were a JR brand during the boom, ten years ago. It has it adherents, but many, MANY detractors. My guess would be "dog rocket." But you never know until you try. If you like it, then, it's a good cigar.

I knew the name sounded familiar. The boom caused many producers to make some pretty bad cigars. Fortunately, today there are only the real enthusiasts left who are a bit more discerning concerning dog rocket cigars and actually know the difference. :p ;)

Sylvester D

Familiar Face
Anyone in the Philadelphia, PA area, or if you are travelling through, check out Holts Cigars on Walnut Street. There is a backroom where they have a few couches and you can just sit and smoke your cigars.

If you want a nice drink with you cigard, you can go upstairs to Mahagony Bar, one of the few places in Phila where you can smoke.

Sylvester D

Familiar Face
New to cigar smoking here so don't laugh if this is a dumb question.

If I buy a cigar wrapped in plastic, should i take it out of the wrapper and place it in the humidor, or leave the plastic on?

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
for something like $2.49ea my friend and i purchased Cuban Rejects churchills just for a quick smoke and really liked them. even got a compliment from a guy walking by and asking where we got 'em. not bad if you're in a rush...

Bassman

A-List Customer
Sylvester D said:
If I buy a cigar wrapped in plastic, should i take it out of the wrapper and place it in the humidor, or leave the plastic on?
Either/or.
Leaving it in the cellophane protects the fragile wrapper.
-Guy

warbird

One Too Many
Sylvester D said:
New to cigar smoking here so don't laugh if this is a dumb question.

It really doesn't matter. Cello is permeable so humidity gets in, or out. It makes absolutely no difference. But yours is one of the most common questions in all of cigardom, fear not the dumb question.

RedPop4

One Too Many
What warbird said. It's up to you. Many will leave the cello on if they plan on moving the cigars around some or carrying them somewhere. Many prefer them naked and feel they age better that way.

It's entirely up to personal preference, although if you know you have something with a Cameroon capayou may wish to leave it cello'd as those are quite fragile.

DutchIndo

A-List Customer
La Glorias, CAO, La Perla and Mursuli are my choices. I've had some problems with an uneven ash. I figured out that I wasn't rotating my cigars. My cheapie humidor was not humidifying the cigars evenly. I started out smoking Swisher Sweets as a teenager. We used to go to Disneyland and get laughed at by the old ladies. Ahh the ignorance of youth !

warbird

One Too Many
One of my favorite pastimes in college was to sit with one of my professors and smoke a pipe in his office. Dr. Jones and I would sit and discuss airplanes, aviation history and guns.

Besides being one of my aerospace profs he was the owner of a gun shop, where I also spent countless hours and bought quite a few guns. He was a wealth of knowledge in both areas, was retired after many years as a aerospace engineer and had an enormous gun collection. Which made him one of my all time favorite people.:)

Kilted_Surveyor

Familiar Face
Anything by Ghurka (the Shaggy is my favorite). My lovely bride prefers to smoke the CAO Moontrance or the Rocky Patel 6 x 60 Connecticut wrapper, which she is smoking as we type! Very Sexy!!

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Kilted_Surveyor said:
Anything by Ghurka (the Shaggy is my favorite). My lovely bride prefers to smoke the CAO Moontrance or the Rocky Patel 6 x 60 Connecticut wrapper, which she is smoking as we type! Very Sexy!!
Gurkha Black Dragon! Nice and oily wrapper! Deelovely likes the Cao flavors but has taken to the Oliveros flavored more.:D

indycop

I'll Lock Up
RedPop4 said:
Hey, indycop if you ever get up the road, my good friend opened Cumberland Cigar Company on Weed Street in St. Mary's Georgia. He died at 41 in October, but his wife still runs the shop. They have accounts with all the major manufacturers and with many small ones as well. They'd appreciate your custom.
I emailed them today asking about the place and they emailed back telling me about the lounge with the bigscreen and recommended a cigar friendly restaurant. They also said to let them know if we were going to come up and they would arrange a mini herf! I told em I was going to put in for time off to go up on our Anniversary!:D

If anyone will be in that area around the 23rd/24th of Feb. We will be at the Cumberland Cigar Co.!!

indycop

I'll Lock Up
RedPop4 said:
Niiiiiiiiiiice.
You heard from Carrie?
Yep! This is what she sent!

Hi John!

I'm located right in the historic district of Downtown Saint Marys. We're a full service style cigar shop. I have wireless internet, satellite on the big flat screen in the lounge and a relaxed atmosphere in which to enjoy good smoke and company. As for cigar friendly establishments you have Seagles Saloon which is located in the Riverview Hotel (cheapest and most interesting place in town to stay if you like historic yet decrepit old buildings) We're a friendly little town and everyone here really seems to support having a cigar shop in their community. Let me know when you're coming and we'll be sure to gather some of the regulars around for a mini herf.

Hope to see you soon!

Carrie
Cumberland Cigar Company
cumberlandcigar.com
Hours Mon-Sun Noonish to 8 PM
:D :D

Oh and here is my new Favorite! I already loved Sosa cigars but this was my first one like this!Outstanding!!!
P1220006.jpg

P1220005.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot