Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any FL member meetups in the Boston/Central-Mass area to show off (Aero) outerwear?

Fardad

Familiar Face
The reason I ask is because I'd like to get an idea of what an A2 jacket looks/fits like in-person before I order one. :S

I'm still waiting on a HWM that I ordered a few months ago (through Mark) but the waiting has left me second-guessing my given measurements after all the reading I've done on this forum (needless to say, I'm wicked-nervous).

I definitely want to buy an Aero A2 next but I don't think I want to drop $1k again on a product I've never seen the fit of on someone in real life. I'd like to get an idea of what the wearer looks like (body-type) and the size of his Aero's choosing. I kinda give up on analyzing photos.

Anyways, just curious to know if there are any meetups in the area. Thanks. :)

It's a jacket, not your future wife! lol
Once you get the first one, you'll more than likely not have any more angst over ordering, sight-unseen.
Nothing wrong with meeting fellow TFL members, but methinks you're worrying too much. Good luck on the new HWM. Hope it's all you're expecting!

Fardad

Familiar Face
It's a jacket, not your future wife! lol

Yes but I didn't meet my wife via blind dating and expect to pay $1k for the encounter! (Which is not to say they don't work out but it does leave one feeling very nervous!)

Once you get the first one, you'll more than likely not have any more angst over ordering, sight-unseen.
Nothing wrong with meeting fellow TFL members, but methinks you're worrying too much. Good luck on the new HWM. Hope it's all you're expecting!

Thanks but I just hope they will be able to determine the fit of the A2 based on my upcoming HWM's size (assuming if it fits correctly).
I wish they would send out a "demo jacket" (or something similar like a cheap nylon template). It would definitely help newcomers. I remember there being a particular leather jacket company that did such a thing but for the life of me I can't remember their name (I think I read about it on here somewhere).

I guess I'll go back to twiddling my thumbs over my brown FQHH swatch-sample for another month (or 2, .... or 3... :confused: ).

Fardad

Familiar Face
Got news for ya - a wife'll cost you more than any jacket - even a RMNZ! lol

(This made me laugh).

Very true.

Although I have a strategy. In order to get what I want (without guilt), I get something for her at the same time (as a distractor). :)

So all in all, a $1k jacket becomes more like,.... well.... an even more expensive jacket. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24