Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any Love For Those Cheap Old Fidelity Leathers?

jeo

One Too Many
There’s one right now on FB marketplace for $75. Seller is listing it as a 42 long.

IMG_3042.jpeg

Madhouse27

One of the Regulars
The leather on a few of my Fidelity jackets (particularly the black label era at the end of their run) was a little on the boring side, but these guys always seemed to really nail their liners. Comfortable and obviously durable as the Insides were nearly perfect on all four of these jackets.

Attachments

• IMG_3365.png
    IMG_3365.png
    5.8 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_3364.png
    IMG_3364.png
    4.5 MB · Views: 50
  • IMG_3363.png
    IMG_3363.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_3362.png
    IMG_3362.png
    8 MB · Views: 43

Leather Walker

Practically Family
Go back and buy, it looks absolutely amazing on you!
Thank you, Marc, really appreciate it!
This jacket is the same I fitted on March. Still there since then...
img_20230325_162410-jpg.501677

The main zip was replaced with Serval, so I can't figure which zipper there were before, a #5 Talon? It's missing a ring-pull on one of the pockets, but other than that, it's complete. They're asking 150€, and it must be steerhide IMO.

newtojackets

Practically Family
Fidelity HH is top tier imo. Monitor is right. Awesome jackets. And cut a bit longer than most vtg jackets.

Highly recommend one of their HH jackets, though the IR in steer is super nice and inexpensive.

Here is mine. If you have questions or want specific pictures, let me know. Not the best pics but what I have. View attachment 440985 View attachment 440986 View attachment 440987 View attachment 440988 View attachment 440989 View attachment 440990 View attachment 440991
How do you know if it’s horse?

newtojackets

Practically Family
Horsehide. None of the steerhide fidelity I owned had it.

The tag will state genuine HH, normally on the main Fidelity tag.

Lining likely different too. I’ll post pics later but plenty throughout the site.
Would this be considered red undertones?

IMG_3195.jpeg

newtojackets

Practically Family
Hard to tell. Which hide and jacket is that? They do use a more reddish brown hide during later years. Doesn’t look black to me but…
Not sure what hide it is, because the jacket has no label, but here’s the jacket. It weighs about 3.5lbs

IMG_3192.jpeg

pgoat

One Too Many
I've owned several Fidelity jackets, including a pilot/bomber type I bought new in the 1980s; it had that trendy 80s dark brown leather that was dyed to instantly develop patina and wear. I quickly regretted that less than classic approach (I like to earn my patina the old fashioned way) and flipped it, but I will say that was my first experience with Fidelity and the jacket was a steal imo. Excellent quality, especially for the money. I think I paid around $150, back when a new Schott perfecto would set you back $275ish.

I still have a dark brown CR (Chest pockets, I am guessing from 1960s) that I love but will need to lose half my bodyweight to fit into again (thanks for nothing, pandemic lockdown...). My wife says it's one of the best looking jackets I own. It's got a great cut, nice thick leather with some awesome tea core starting, and a large Ideal main zip, small Talons on the sleeves.

I sold a medium brown CR here some time back that had slightly thinner but buttery smooth leather, looked like a really nice lambskin, with a zip-out fleece lining and the handwarmer pockets. My sense was that one may have been a bit more recent, maybe early 1970s. Hard to tell for sure from a photo, but it looked a lot like the one newtojackets posted above in August.

I've also got one of the 1960s or so black steerhide crosszips with the snap closure belt, in pretty nice shape. I guess I am egg shaped, because that is one of the best fitting cross zips I own (I do need to lose a quarter of my body weight to get back into that one, alas....).

I'd rate Fidelity right there with Brooks in this price range as some of the best deals in jackets. Good stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner