Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any new christmas hats on the way?

Edward

Bartender
Well, as per my other threads, I'm currently waiting impatiently for the arrival of a Herbert Johnson for Brookes Brothers homberg with a fedora-type bash a la Michael Collins - a recent OFAS win. I'm hoping that will make it over here before Thursday (when I ship out for the annual ten days Christmas sentence with the family...). I've also ordered myself a Fed Deluxe in dark brown, which I don't expect to see this side of Christmas - I imagine i'll pick it up from the post office when I get back at the end of the month.

With regards to more traditional Christmas presents (i.e. not from myself!), Santa did ask for a list of ideas for me, and on that list I included a grey regular Fed and a grey Stylemaster. I expect that one of those will be ordered while I'm over there to arrive shortly after I get back...... I want both eventually, but I'm leaning in favour of the Fed first.

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have some hat-related items coming, but no hats (as if I don't have enough already :whistling )

I called my husband and told him how wonderful he was to purchase items for me that I wanted for the holidays, and than proceeded to tell him what he got me. lol

I won't spill the beans until they arrive later this month. Anyone interested? :D

Vintage Betty

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
[/QUOTE]I won't spill the beans until they arrive later this month. Anyone interested? :D

Vintage Betty[/QUOTE]

Pictures my dear...pictures!:D :eek: :D :eusa_clap

Vintage Betty

I won't spill the beans until they arrive later this month. Anyone interested? :D

Vintage Betty[/QUOTE]

Pictures my dear...pictures!:D :eek: :D :eusa_clap[/QUOTE]

I will when they arrive. And for the record, my husband does not purchase presents. And I think this is the second time EVER that I pulled this stunt on the poor man (after I put said items on hold and checked with him of course). ;)

VB

Vintage Betty

pgoat said:
hey, you did him a favor - you're sure to love what he got you!!:D

He's such a sweetie. He says "As long as you will use it.."

And you're right - he has such GREAT taste! lol

Let's just say that no one in their right mind would buy their wife for the holidays what I got for myself.

VB

pgoat

One Too Many
Goodness! Now you've piqued my curiosity!:eek:

I am going through our own gift crisis now.....My wife is wanting to get her old boots resized.....I am telling her sell em and I'll buy her a new pair......meanwhile, that VS hat is beckoning from inside its box.....and I am weakening by the moment......

Spellflower

Practically Family
24 hours ago, I was expecting nothing but a lump of coal. Santa must have rechecked his list, though, because just after midnight, I won this:

Then when I got home from work, I checked the classifieds, and, long story short, I bought this:

I think I'll open the Resitol and see if it fits (it might need a stretching), but put the Whippet under the tree Christmas Eve with a note from St. Nick.

In keeping with PGoat's "Out with the old..." I'll be clearing some room in my closet (and filling the void in my wallet) soon. Keep checking those classifieds!

riccardo

Practically Family
Akubra Bushman.

Hi guys,
I'm waiting for my Cristhmas hat.
Santa Claus will bring me an Akubra Bushman, but he've used my credit card.
Riccardo

Spellflower

Practically Family
riccardo said:
Hi guys,
I'm waiting for my Cristhmas hat.
Santa Claus will bring me an Akubra Bushman, but he've used my credit card.
Riccardo

I think Santa stole my credit card info too! We should report him to the authorities!

volatile

A-List Customer
n284204737_1985351_873.jpg

With the addition of mistletoe, my Christmas hat is already here!

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Spellflower said:
I think Santa stole my credit card info too! We should report him to the authorities!
:eek:fftopic: Not funny!:eusa_doh: I tried to use my bank card today and it was declined!!:rage: So I come home and pull it up to find somebody has been shopping and bought themselves a plane ticket to Barcelona!!!!!!!!:rage: :rage: :rage:

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Edward said:
I'm hoping that will make it over here before Thursday (when I ship out for the annual ten days Christmas sentence with the family...)

I love the way you put that Edward.

Great mistletoe in the hat volatile!

pgoat

One Too Many
indycop said:
:eek:fftopic: Not funny!:eusa_doh: I tried to use my bank card today and it was declined!!:rage: So I come home and pull it up to find somebody has been shopping and bought themselves a plane ticket to Barcelona!!!!!!!!:rage: :rage: :rage:

for real??

That's awful. Hope you can talk to your card co. and limit/erase the damage. Needless to say, Try to take care of it asap.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
pgoat said:
for real??

That's awful. Hope you can talk to your card co. and limit/erase the damage. Needless to say, Try to take care of it asap.
I can't do squat until monday morning.:rage: And I am stuck with no money through the weekend now too! My bank merged (so they say) I say they were bought out, and things have been screwed up since.:eusa_doh:
I will be there when the doors open Monday morning in my angry black federation!:D

Spellflower

Practically Family
Unfortunately, from what I've heard, bank card problems can be harder to fix than credit card problems. On the other hand, a plane ticket is a pretty stupid thing to buy, since you need to give your name when you buy it. If the guy says his name is Indy Cop, he still needs to have a passport that has his picture and Indy Cop's name on it. If he's that dumb, it shouldn't be too hard to catch him! Good luck with it, Indy Cop!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters