Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any Other's Have A View-Master?

K

kpreed

Here is the one I have. A common black Model "C" made from 1946 till 1955.
2a53_1.jpg

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
I've got several, but none that old. My favorite set is an old one of the D&RGW's Silverton train, from either the '60s or '70s.

Brad

Flivver

Practically Family
I got a View-Master for my 3rd birthday in 1954...the Model C shown above. It quickly became one of my favorite toys.

When I started going to flea markets around 1970, I started to buy View-Masters, slide reels, projectors and even the Personal Stereo Camera. No one wanted this stuff in the 70s and 80s so it was practically free.

I still enjoy the View-Master and 3-D photography in general. But, somehow, I've never tried out that Personal Stereo Camera. I'd better do it before 35mm film disappears.

52Styleline

A-List Customer
I have one of the classic black model C Viewmasters and an old Viewmaster projetor as well. It is the mono projector not the more expensive stereo version that was also once available.

K

kpreed

Glad to see there are some others still out there.
I have on mine, a light attachment for low-light use and only still have a few reel sets left.(Same vintage on everything, late 1940's or early 1950's)
I have someplace one of those Victorian hand held stereo views too, but with my Ataxia and very shaky hands, I find my View-Master best for my needs, by far.

H.Johnson

One Too Many
Yes, a maroon one my favourite uncle gave me in about 1953. Still in its box somewhere with six rolls - all of American subjects (one was named 'Across the Great Divide') which didn't make much sense to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff