Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anybody heard of Custom Jackets UK?

Edward

Bartender
They all look oddly shiny to me - maybe just the photos? I'd want to handle one in person before I made a call on whether they are worth it. I've certainly had some very nice jackets at that price and cheaper before now. Mostly the hide you will get will be either lamb or cow. I've handle cow on hundred-quid jackets that was as good as Aero's European steer (though the cut was not as nice, nor the lining as well fitted, nor was the hardware of the same quality - usually aluminium, and quite chunky and crude, as opposed to brass in a vintage pattern). I've also seem more than my fair share of lambskin jackets you could basically spit through, and which I'd trust less to hold up to an accidental brush against a wall than the cheapest of the cheap satin bomber jackets. If you're looking a jacket on the cheap, you might want to try it if they have a good returns policy; myself, I'm far too lazy to be bothered with the risk of having to return something as it's such a faff. Design wise, these are interesting - ten years ago I'd have loved to have gotten hold of one of the red/ white Fight Club jackets (the 'Mayhem' model here). None of them look convincingly "vintage" to my eye if what you want is a 30s/40s/50s thing like most in these parts, but if you're more of a seventies bent, I'd say they would work. CAn't say more than that without actually handling one.

ETA: if you've not experiened a lambskin jacket before, it cam be a nice leather to wear (very comfy - great for gloves especially), but do bear in mind that it is much lighter than most any other, so won't offer much in the way of warmth (depending where and when you want to wear it, this may be a plus or a minus), or protection (should you be thinking of using one of the "biker" styles on a bike) and it can be very fragile and easily torn. This is not to say it is a bad choice - it's all subjective - but if you like your leather tough and able to take some abuse, this is not the one for which I would opt.

Last edited:

eonratslear500

New in Town
I agree with your "shiny" observation. Something doesnt look quite right about them. I was hoping somebody had taken the gamble and can speak on the subject.
Also, I've noticed their main website is littered with poor grammar that exudes a craigslist style scam vibe. Like, as for our company is to be striving for the high quality leather fits and hopeful buying time experience for our customer's smile faces today. So do not make profound your time limit and purchase a fit leather now precisely!

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Really bad grammar is usually a sure sign that the website is a front for a Chinese company, but the site is very fleshed-out. There is something odd about the whole thing, though, and I can't put my finger on it - the huge range of jackets they offer is mind-boggling for a start, and I could be wrong, but to my eyes some of the colour variations look Photoshopped on. Any one with experience confirm that?

Last edited:

JakeHolman

One of the Regulars
"The first thing you should do after you purchase any leather garment is to treat it with a leather protector this solution usually comes in a spray can. When you get your garment, spray a light layer over the entire garment, let dry and reapply."

Think i'll pass.

m0nk

One Too Many
Poor grammar and Chinese businesses aren't necessarily a sign of a bad company. I've browsed cosplay websites and recently purchased a long trench coat based on the Doctor Who tenth doctor (David Tennant) from one of them. The coat itself was small for the size I gave them (fit decent, but only when wearing shirts and no sportcoat), but the quality is superb. It's better stitching and style than clothing sold at Walmart, and they come from mostly Chinese companies these days as well.

That said, leather products are always tough to gauge without seeing the material in person. It's a different ballgame than typical garments because the material itself comes into play.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy