Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anybody receive a new Bill Kelso jacket recently?

TiltRotorFlyer

One of the Regulars
Any updates on this? I would really like to see some productions from their Victory Horse line. I think their email is down as I keep getting undeliverable messages from the email server. Has anybody had any luck corresponding?

TiltRotorFlyer

One of the Regulars
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1002812_601547339875561_1859462443_n.jpg

This is in the mail and on its way. It is a Bill Kelso Werber 42-1402P. While I don't have my hands on it yet, it looks pretty damn good if I do say so myself! Looking forward to trying it on. This is the last of the antique russet victory horsehide and Andy said this has a bit of sheen to it. While I would have preferred the matte finish of the earlier hides, I am told this sheen will be eliminated once broken in properly. Alternatively, I read on here that I can lightly rub the jacket with alcohol, but I am not too keen on that. I think I will just wear it and let it fade naturally.

Brettafett

One Too Many
Cool. Looking forward to a review and some pics...

I like the look of their Monarch, but want to see someone wearing it... I believe they are waiting more Victory HH stock.

p.s. Can someone clarify. On their website they talk of a Victory Horsehide guarantee... But in email comms, they stipulate that if you add an inch to sleeves, ie any customization, its non-returnable. Cool... standard op procedure, but what if it fits, but one doesn't like the hide?
Pity, cause I know I am a longer size, but won't risk the chance to try one.

Last edited:

TiltRotorFlyer

One of the Regulars
I would send them an e-mail, tell them your situation and ask them to clarify the terms for you. Andy is pretty quick with responses, usually within a day or two and their e-mail is back up and running fine. I believe they have all shades of their Victory HH in stock now. I know they were waiting on some Dark Seal but that has been delivered. Andy will also send you samples of leather so you can decide on which color you would prefer for your Monarch. I have a Goodwear Monarch on order and will enjoy comparing the two hides as well as the craftsmanship. Thus far, I have to say I have been really pleased with the ordering process from the Bill Kelso Mfg company. Communications have been good and the time from order to delivery was as advertised (actually quicker than I thought).

Last edited:

xmr

One of the Regulars
p.s. Can someone clarify. On their website they talk of a Victory Horsehide guarantee... But in email comms, they stipulate that if you add an inch to sleeves, ie any customization, its non-returnable. Cool... standard op procedure, but what if it fits, but one doesn't like the hide?
Pity, cause I know I am a longer size, but won't risk the chance to try one.

Andy told me that ANY customization at all makes the jacket not returnable. That's why I bought an Aero as some guys had sizing problems (and I'd definately need a long size).

I would send them an e-mail, tell them your situation and ask them to clarify the terms for you. Andy is pretty quick with responses, usually within a day or two and their e-mail is back up and running fine. I believe they have all shades of their Victory HH in stock now. I know they were waiting on some Dark Seal but that has been delivered. Andy will also send you samples of leather so you can decide on which color you would prefer for your Monarch. I have a Goodwear Monarch on order and will enjoy comparing the two hides as well as the craftsmanship. Thus far, I have to say I have been really pleased with the ordering process from the Bill Kelso Mfg company. Communications have been good and the time from order to delivery was as advertised (actually quicker than I thought).

BK is currently out of their seal brown VH for a couple of months.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart