Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone else like teens clothing?

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
And I don't mean teenagers...
I know this is a bit pre-golden era, but I've been on a kick of clothing from the early 20th century these last few weeks. Anyone else been bitten by the bug? Here's some photos I scanned in of two of my favorite designers/artists:
Gustav Klimt:
klimt.jpg

klimt2.jpg

Mario Fortuny:
fortuny2.jpg

fortuny1.jpg

artdecodame

One of the Regulars

Tourbillion

Practically Family
I love teens clothing, although I am not too sure that I would enjoy wearing the hobble skirts. They look great, but, well you know, they hobble you. I can tolerate a corset, but I have long legs and need big steps. I would have to wear an Irene Castle kind of dress.

However, I especially love the Poiret type coat here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/MODE-PRATIQUE-P...ihZ010QQcategoryZ4161QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

And Erte! His late teens and early 20's stuff is wonderful. One of these days I am going to have to recreate a gown for an Art Deco event.

P

Paul

Personally I think some of the very early twentieth century fashions are simply stunning, It must have been great to be a designer in that era, Unfortunately their is so much against wearing vintage from that era, fragile garments to wear and less occasions to wear them compared to 40's or 50's vintage I think that's a great shame.
it would be wonderfully to see early vintage been worn again and it would be a definite experience for the lady who goes back into that era. I could say more but I leave it for another day.

D-Day-Doll

Familiar Face
I absolutley love clothing from the teens! I have such an affection for it I think I was reincarnated from that era! That Fortuny dress is amazing.

colleency

One of the Regulars
Tourbillion said:
And Erte! His late teens and early 20's stuff is wonderful. One of these days I am going to have to recreate a gown for an Art Deco event.

I'm working on an Erte gown right now. I have promised to have it finished in time to wear to the Costume College tea. Eek!

Caledonia

Practically Family
I'm reading a biography on Coco Chanel just now and it is packed with photos all the way through the period. Absolutely adorable, although the hats got a bit over the top! I love it when the hobble skirts come in. My definite favourite look. :D

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Yay! You girls are great! Soo many things to drool over. I'm really loving that coat pattern. Mmm... hats and hobble skirt. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot