Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone got pictures of an older Aero steer hide jacket in black?

breezer

Practically Family
unfortunately not a great a fit for me……doesn't get worn enough! On the look out for a 40" Aero…..

The jacket arrived today. I now have a real appreciation for Aero's Steerhide (broken in).
It is heavy, but supple and beautiful. I believe the jacket is Horween and not super old from the label. Unfortunately the seller botched on measurements and instead of 25" long it's only 23.5". Looks like I'll be moving it along...A real shame :-(
Pictures soon.

trapp

Practically Family
Uh, that's a pretty big measurement botch. Leather jackets aren't boards, but 1.5" discrepency in the length is way off. I guess they included the collar.

Ouch!
Between my "missed" measurements and another Loungers discovery about a Levi's jacket this seller "missed on" I'm beginning to wonder....

Last edited:

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Here is a short zip sleeve highwayman I brought from Aeros' sales page 1984. The leather is almost like goat skin
zip sleve HYM.jpg

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Here's mine.

Black Connelly, sheep lined. It has the old scroll around the globe label from the early 1980s. I didnt get it then so am not 100% on the date but I think it came from the Moffat factory.

PA120039.jpg

PA120041.jpg

£42 from the dreaded Bay around 7 years back.

John

Send it back and get a refund imo. Not an accurate description ....might teach him a lesson

I contacted the seller who apologized for the mistake and will refund the purchase price + shipping BOTH ways!
"Alls well that ends well."
I will shoot pictures of the Steerhide before it goes back.

trapp

Practically Family
Neat Connelly highwayman and I can't remember ever seeing a Hwm sheeplined. What a price, btw! Wish that happened for me more often..

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Neat Connelly highwayman and I can't remember ever seeing a Hwm sheeplined. What a price, btw! Wish that happened for me more often..
I believe they will line any jacket with fleece, but the option was around £100 last time I looked though the Longshoreman came with sheep as standard.

the only problem with my Highwayman were a few holes in the lining and the zip puller had the metal tab missing. As you can see I put a small key ring through the puller and attached my favourite pre-WWII French centime coin. Works a treat.

Edward

Bartender
Yes, Aero charge £100 for shearling on any jacket. I know they've done it retrospectively too, though it would effectively reduce the size of the jacket (unless a jacket was designed for shearling, e.g. Thunderbay or Longshoreman, they start witha shell one size up to accomodate).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo