Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone have experience with US Authentic?

pak

One of the Regulars
I ordered an A2 in goat and it was fine in all aspects except the pattern was too long for me.

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
Yeah, their jackets are cut trim but strangely long. The one I had was a 44R, and its sleeves and body length were a full inch or two longer than my 46R G&B jackets! US As are a good choice if you're tall-ish and thin-ish... which I'm definitely not!

But I'll say again that they're excellent for the price if you want an A-2 that reads as a generic WWII-style jacket and you're not fussy about the details. For that forties look, they're a better choice than nearly anything from US Wings or Cockpit (all of whose "classic look" jackets are just tricked-out modern-spec jackets)... if their odd sizing works for you.

Horace Debussy Jones

A-List Customer
:arated:Yup. Nice jackets, and the length works for me. Maybe the next size down would be a better fit for some folks? Shaul will also do exchanges or custom alterations I believe.

kasa7

Familiar Face
Someone said in this forum: The first jacket is too big, the second is to small :eusa_doh:
I've been seen in many forums people talking about the accuracy of the A2 (considering WWII), but i think the big "problem" for me (although the accuracy which is very important too), is the right fit, because it changes from brand to brand.
Take a look of this:
http://www.acmedepot.com/a2jacket/measure.shtml

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy