Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone here a major Marilyn Monroe expert?

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender

Some is claiming to have never before published photos of her and are making a pitch for us to use them for Classic Style before letting out to image houses.

I need someone who is an expert in what photos have been published and can tell me how much cool factor is involved.

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
I suggest you contact Greg Schreiner at MM remembered fan club in LA. There has been so much trouble with that Queen Mary exhibit which is ending up with legal action being taken. Let me know if yoyu want to do this and I will PM you Gregs details

birddog

New in Town
She was a size 8.

I like a dame who's got something you can hold on to. I dated a size -0- model-type once. Good restaurants & all she eats is a lettuce leaf with a tomato slice, & a grape for desert.

It was like dating a concentration camp survivor.

Birddog

Brooksie

One Too Many
birddog said:
She was a size 8.

I like a dame who's got something you can hold on to. I dated a size -0- model-type once. Good restaurants & all she eats is a lettuce leaf with a tomato slice, & a grape for desert.

It was like dating a concentration camp survivor.

Birddog

:eek:fftopic: This is not really what MK was looking for but this is my response to the post above.... Size 8 in vintage sizing would probabably be considered a 2 now a days so she did not actually have as much to hold onto as you think and FYI she always did stuff her bras also to make her look like she had much more than she really did have.

Brooksie

I had to do a little edit here May 22 7:14 pm.

GoldLeaf

A-List Customer
Christies auction house said that when they auctioned off one of her dresses, they couldn't find a mannequin small enough to fit the dress. She was a lot smaller than people think.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Brooksie said:
:eek:fftopic: This is not really what MK was looking for but this is my response to the post above.... Size 8 in vintage sizing would probabably be considered a 2 now a days so she did not actually have as much to hold onto as you think and FYI she always did stuff her bras also to make her look like she had much more than she really did have.

I've always heard that she was a vintage size 12, but that's still quite small.

waingirl

One of the Regulars
KittyT said:
I've always heard that she was a vintage size 12, but that's still quite small.

I believe she was a size 14 or 16 in vintage wear, which in todays standards put's her around a size 8 or 10. I am normaly a size 5 but in vintage I wear a size 12.

Brooksie

One Too Many
GoldLeaf said:
Christies auction house said that when they auctioned off one of her dresses, they couldn't find a mannequin small enough to fit the dress. She was a lot smaller than people think.

I too have heard this.

Brooksie

Dr. Shocker

One of the Regulars
MK I would check with the fan club listed above I could take a crack at it I have seen most of whats been out but no where near that level of authority

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy