Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone know anything about this hatmaker Daquino?

JackieMatra

A-List Customer
Just arrived, this wowed them at the bodega.
More when photoshop is working better.
Mr. Dean How did she respond to the large brim request, what did you use as a model, Austral?
"... requested blue ribbon, got black, Ok with me."
It sure looks blue to me on my monitor.
Of course, a "navy" Borsalino in a shop looked absolutely black to me until I put it right next to a black one under a strong light.

I do like it, either way you may see it, and a whole lot, too.

Last edited:
Finally out of customs, leaving Bethpage, NY. If I had the talents, I'd post a GIF of a little hat flying around the globe, stopping in NY, on its way to Dayton, set to the Indiana Jones theme.

89quattro

One of the Regulars
Finally out of customs, leaving Bethpage, NY. If I had the talents, I'd post a GIF of a little hat flying around the globe, stopping in NY, on its way to Dayton, set to the Indiana Jones theme.

If it helps any, you should know that Bethpage is the launch point for getting the package on it's way to your local USPS receiving point. If that is nearby, then the next stop after that is your local post office.

OK, received the hat yesterday. Sorry, no pics as of yet. I got my mail about 5:30 and we went right out to the ballgame last night, so it went on a hook. I'm wearing a different hat to work today, as I didn't think it went with what I'm wearing. I promise pics soon.

First reactions: It's a very nice hat. Very lightweight felt. It's a little snug, but then I'm a fairly generous 58, and I think it will "breathe" out a bit with wear. It did show up with a light line around the crown of the hat, caused by the packing materials; however, I'm going to tackle that with a little steam today and I think it'll come right out.

Photos and a full report later.

Last edited:

AMGbullitt

Familiar Face
Luisa is terrific and so are her hats! Very pleased. Felt is thick with a great snap brim. Dimensions are very close to my Stetson Whippet. Had her put a navy blue ribbon on it for a subtle difference. Fit is spot on 7 3/8. We have a winner!!!!! 20150417_135420.jpg 20150417_135431.jpg 20150417_135458.jpg

Hat Dandy

One of the Regulars
My hat was shipped one day before schedule, a plus in my book. If my hat is as good looking and sounding as your hat AMG, I will be buying more.

Last edited:
vvdVabEm.jpg 57Lpfu9m.jpg
FJPlBwMm.jpg PWPkB7Cm.jpg
L2BPopLm.jpg

Specs:
Crown Height: 5" after blocking (6" open crown) Minimum taper
Brim Width: 2.5"
Navy Blue

Like I mentioned in the previous post, it's a very dense, lightweight felt. Very deep Navy Blue, which is what I was looking for. The finish feels nice, and it responds well to shaping. I'll probably play with the bash a bit in the near future.

The only thing I'd have a beef about is the sweat. It would be nice to have a higher quality leather sweat, and I'd be willing to shell out a few extra bucks for that, especially given the value it already is. However, I'm overall very happy and will be purchasing another soon.

AMGbullitt

Familiar Face
Wow Fruno yours looks fantastic. Only custom was the navy ribbon. I wanted to see what a standard hat would be. Very pleased. Definitely will do a 100 % beaver next.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24