Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anything in the coming months that you are excited for?

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
sweetfrancaise said:
I'm so excited for you! :eusa_clap

Thank you dear! It's been 11 years since my last visit--I can't quite believe that.

I've got a ton of "internet friends" there that I've never met in person--I'm hoping to see as many of them as I can. Also, I've never been there in the summer, only March and October. Maybe I can see some flowers this time around.

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
CharlesB said:
For me, the party of the year is the annual Easter Zombie Crawl in philly.

http://www.phillyzombiecrawl.com/

I love zombies. I am picky about movies. Hate the kitchy ones. Love the Romero ones and 28 days later.

Seattle has a zombie run on Haloween.

But to me, that is not quite what I want to do. I am trying to figure out a way to get zombies to chase me. How cool would it be to be part of a small group of humans being chased by a bunch of zombies who are willing to stick to the rules of zombiehood. Move slow, gravitate towards movement and humans. I would pay money for that. But you couldn't hit them in the head.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
I'm looking forward to heading home for Easter to visit my grandparents, my dad, and my brother and his family.

And if things go as planned, I should be going to Hawaii in June. I'm not a fan of the tropics by any means, but boy, do I want to see Pearl Harbor!

Rufus

Practically Family
Heya all...

Lotsa stuff this year..

New York Comic Con in April (Hurray!!)
San Diego Comic Con in July
and a festivals in France, and back in Norn Iron, in Derry!

Oh... and drawing lots of Tank Girl comics (2 mini series)... should be a good'un.

:) Rufus... who should be drawing

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm hoping against hope for better health in the coming months. I'm not going into the gory details but when I get a couple more hurdles out of the way I'll get on the surgeon's list of operations which will probably be 10 weeks out.:)

D

Deleted member 3716

seeing Hot 8 Brass Band this coming wednesday,
FINALLY getting to see Jonathan Richman live this coming April, and
going to NY for a week in June.

and finding out this week (hopefully)if i will be coming into a bit of unexpected money....
(dont worry, i haven't poisoned a great-aunt or anything)

PolkaDotMeggie

A-List Customer
Twitch said:
I'm hoping against hope for better health in the coming months. I'm not going into the gory details but when I get a couple more hurdles out of the way I'll get on the surgeon's list of operations which will probably be 10 weeks out.:)

I hope for your improved health too!

In the coming month, my husband will finally be home! He leaves for the US in about 3 weeks and should be back in AZ the first week of April. It is making me a nervous wreck. I want to see him so bad! I hope that I am everything he has been waiting for :eek:

After that, I hope Andy and I will be able to house hunt. Woohoo!

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
PolkaDotMeggie said:
I hope that I am everything he has been waiting for :eek:

After that, I hope Andy and I will be able to house hunt. Woohoo!

Of COURSE you'll be everything he's been waiting for! :) :) :)

PolkaDotMeggie

A-List Customer
jgilbert said:
The first Saturday in May. Derby and all those well dressed folks!

I almost forgot! I think they need to stop running the Derby until I get a bigger hutch to house all my Derby glasses. I have so many duplicates and I have only them going back to about 1970! I have over 160 total :p

Thanks, AmateisGal. It is very nerve-shattering because I have not seen him in quite a few months. I have been trying to prepare and read as much as I can about "becoming a couple" again. There is more to it than most people think.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
The Dolly Parton Concert in May.
Seeing "Anchors Away" at The Heights Theatre"
Hopefully I'll be getting some retro style pin up photos taken in March or April.

pigeon toe

One Too Many
I'm excited for my spring break in Barcelona, going to Marrakech with my mother and seeing my boyfriend when I come home this summer, after a long 6 months abroad. I miss him tons!

JazzBaby

Practically Family
My aunt having her baby (another cousin! :eek: ) in May, my two week trip to Paris in June, getting an apartment with my best friend right afterwards and just having a great summer! Oh, and my uncle's wedding in September. Nothing like a big Irish wedding :D

B

BAZ

I guess Viva Las Vegas! Oh, and then going to Vegas AGAIN in May!!!
And that's about it.
I actually like to live "day to day"
"Yesterday is History, Tomorrow's a mystery"

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
I am looking forward to....

SPRING!!

We have had continuous "serial snowstorms" since December 1st, three months of snow and ice on the ground and storms at least once a week. As I write this, we are expecting another bout of snow, maybe 3 to 4 inches.

In sci-fi stories, there are folks who get caught in time warps. We are caught in a snow warp. Everyone here is waiting for spring.

In May, I am planning to take a trip back to San Diego to see my friends and go to the desert, see some things I haven't seen in awhile, will stay with a dear friend.

Hopefully, my mother will be OK without me.

I have not had a real vacation since 1994. ("Real" is defined as going somewhere to see something interesting and fun, and staying away from home for more than a few days)

karol

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
I just enjoyed one of the things I had been looking forward to. My husband and I just had our House Warming Party this weekend. It was wonderful! We love our new neighbors!

I'm also looking forward to the Denver FL members lunch, visiting Colorado Springs sometime this summer, and like so many others, spring!!

$ally

One Too Many
Rufus said:
Heya all...
Oh... and drawing lots of Tank Girl comics (2 mini series)... should be a good'un. Rufus... who should be drawing
You'd better get busy then! How exciting.

Wow, all these cool trips and adventures for everyone!

Meggie: You both must be dying of anticipation. I'm so glad you'll be together again soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic