Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Apollo's Bomber Jacket from BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

nicholasb

One of the Regulars
It says 'Episode 1' on it. I thought it was funny but I am sure someone would cherish it. I found some more pics. It brings us back to jackets at least.

_DSC2292.jpg

_DSC2291.jpg

_DSC2290.jpg

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
My other half found a leather field jacket that she was given as freebie while on a junket for 'Pearl Harbour'. It's of question quality and falling to pieces. Just like the film. :D

Stand By

One Too Many
I'm not afraid to say that I really enjoyed that film ....! Sure, it plays fast and loose with history - but, like Memphis Belle, I found it to be very entertaining, easy on the eye and rather exciting.
It's so funny how we can all see the same thing so differently .... :)

Edward

Bartender
My other half found a leather field jacket that she was given as freebie while on a junket for 'Pearl Harbour'. It's of question quality and falling to pieces. Just like the film. :D

Heh. Eastman did some nice jackets for the film, but it was pretty ropey in all other respects...

Edward

Bartender
I'll see a movie just for GEAR. Red Tails has got great gear, and the movie isn't as bad as it could have been. Worth watching to see some fine jackets :)

I'm waiting for it to either come on TV or the DVD to drop to GBP3.00 or less..... Mind you, that's being generous. By rights George Lucas should pay me to sit through his dross. He owes me big time for those first two Star Wars prequels.

I'm waiting for it to either come on TV or the DVD to drop to GBP3.00 or less..... Mind you, that's being generous. By rights George Lucas should pay me to sit through his dross. He owes me big time for those first two Star Wars prequels.
Honestly, I really wanted to see the GW jackets. The CGI was OK, but not awesome. Like I said, it was what it was, but I'm a sucker for those things...

Brettafett

One Too Many
Red Tails was ok, as a movie, like watching a comic book story. For sure it could have been way better.
Jackets were spot on though. That lead Bronco jacket really looked good.
Older war movies like Catch-22 looked way better, without CGI, and the A-2s were gorgeous.
BTW, in Red tails... Who made those B-10s with the black collars? Eastman?

Stand By

One Too Many
Red Tails was ok, as a movie, like watching a comic book story.

Exactly. A Commando comic book - it even had the villain with the scar on his cheek (not cliched at all) - so we all knew who the baddie was supposed to be when we saw him. And him saying "Die you stupid African" ... OMG. I could feel my bowels move.
Indeed it could have been better - the only thing it possibly lacked was "Blam!" and Ker-Pow!" popping up on screen.

I refused to see it at the cinema when it came out as I'd seen just too many awful reviews ... so i waited for a secondhand copy and got one off Amazon - but I waited until I could get one for less than $10. I refused to pay a cent more. And I got one and watched it, giving it the benefit of the doubt...
And having seen it, I gave my copy away. I couldn't charge anyone for that. It just wouldn't be right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy