Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Armand Basi leather biker

Papa M

A-List Customer
I've had this Armand Basi heavy leather stashed away for years. It's one of the finest quality leather jackets I've seen and wonder if anyone here has seen similar. Most Basi stuff that I've seen has been directed more towards the Haute Couture market.

ab8o.jpg

ab4.jpg

ab3n.jpg

ab7.jpg

Papa M

A-List Customer
kampkatz said:
It has a unique look.

I need to photograph it in more detail in order for you to appreciate the craftsmanship. That Black & White ladder effect is created by panelling. There is a strip of white leather behind individually cut-out panels in the black vertical strips.
It is one of those jackets that will last a lifetime - seriously heavy duty hide with a precision quilted lining.

Unfortunately it is slightly over-stated for my current taste. A few years ago I was really up for this high-end designer leather styling. I'm of an age now where I need to be a little more discreet and subtle. If I was riding a vintage Indian or Harley then I might keep it. As it is I will probably have to dispose of it in order to accomodate some recent acquisitions.

Papa M

A-List Customer
ab6e.jpg

I'm bumping back to prominence this thread having seen Ukali1066's interesting Luftwaffe jacket.

I think that my Armand Basi jacket is also quite unique - and strange.

I suspect that it is too effete and Catwalk for the majority of Fedora Loungers. I am still contemplating sticking it on E-Bay. However I will need to recoup much more than the 45 Quid that Ukali paid for his E-Bay find.

I wonder if anyone here even likes it?

captaincaveman1

A-List Customer
Interesting... definitely unique and from a different era in fashion.

BTW, I have a period 1970's car coat - is it appropriate to post here on the FL or is the focus more golden era?

Break out yer bell bottoms and platform shoes... lol lol lol :eek:

Untitled-2.jpg

juan

New in Town
Papa M said:
ab6e.jpg

I'm bumping back to prominence this thread having seen Ukali1066's interesting Luftwaffe jacket.

I think that my Armand Basi jacket is also quite unique - and strange.

I suspect that it is too effete and Catwalk for the majority of Fedora Loungers. I am still contemplating sticking it on E-Bay. However I will need to recoup much more than the 45 Quid that Ukali paid for his E-Bay find.

I wonder if anyone here even likes it?
I really like that ladder effect that the jacket has.

Papa M

A-List Customer
juan said:
I really like that ladder effect that the jacket has.

Juan in Texas. It figures that you might appreciate the cool and unique style of this jacket.

It has always struck me that this is the sort of jacket that a Norteno musician from San Antone should be wearing.

juan

New in Town
Papa M said:
Juan in Texas. It figures that you might appreciate the cool and unique style of this jacket.

It has always struck me that this is the sort of jacket that a Norteno musician from San Antone should be wearing.
Actually Juan is just a nickname. My name is actually John and I am probably as gringo as they come.lol lol lol I probably would wear that jacket though.

captaincaveman1

A-List Customer
ukali1066 said:
Captaincaveman1 that brown coat is BADASS !!

70's leather is generally frowned upon here...but I love it :)
Thanks man.

:eek:fftopic:

Don't mean to hijacket the OP's thread and I'll delete these links if there are objections. Anway, here's another non-golden age jacket perhaps a decade or two older than the Armand Basi.

This is one of my favorite ebay finds. It's a Field & Stream top coat. Got it for a steal. Notice the half-belt. Leather quality is actually pretty decent and the jacket is in great shape for a garment that's likely 30+ years old.

Apparently, the owner's name was Randy Thompson from Montevideo MN. See the first pic. He even etched his name into a steel tag and had this sewn into the lining above the Field & Stream label. Notice the big collar and half belt. Also check out the long rear vent with the button closure. Interesting...

DSCN2423.jpg

Untitled1-1.jpg

Untitled2-3.jpg

Untitled3-2.jpg

Untitled5-1.jpg

Untitled6.jpg

captaincaveman1

A-List Customer
I didn't want to start my own thread for this one just cuz it's not golden age. I'll delete if anyone objects.

Anyway, just wanted to show off the collar. Careful, you can poke your eye out with that thing. lol I don't "pop" the collar unless the weather truly warrants it but these pic show how darn big the thing is. Gotta love the 70's.lol

Untitled33-1.jpg

Untitledgg.jpg

Papa M

A-List Customer
Graemsay said:
Going for another detour off topic, I've got a soft spot for the six pocket jacket that Aero sell in Japan.

That surely isn't the same Aero Leathers of Scotland? I'm not aware that they have an outlet of jackets exclusive for the Japanese market.

Fiver64

Practically Family
That jacket hurts my eyes........

Graemsay said:
Going for another detour off topic, I've got a soft spot for the six pocket jacket that Aero sell in Japan.

Wow....... No offense intended, but that jacket looks like there was some corporate disagreement on where to put the pockets! A tragic compromise ensued!:D Gotta go with Papa here........... I'm guessing that's NOT the same Aero.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21