Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Arrival of Aero Cheyenne in heavy goat

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I love that jacket and I adore goat as a hide. It's spectacular. But man, I know you say you can't feel it but 3 kilos! That's one heavy SOB.

bobjones

A-List Customer
That is the most slim-fitting example of one of the longer-styled Aero jackets (Cheyenne, Veste de Rallye, Stockman) I've seen in any pictures.

Perhaps it has to do with your build, as I'm a 43-44 and a bit "roundish" in the middle, but despite my best efforts in sizing mine, it does not fit anywhere nearly as snug.

This might have to do a bit since it is FQHH, and goat is a more flexible hide when new that can conform more closely to your shape, but clearly, Aero got your specifications down perfectly. The jacket almost fits like a blazer or sports coat.

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
After giving my measurements and specifying I wanted the jacket trimfitting, Amanda recommended a size 38. I dont think it is custom made for me in any way, it just happened to fit just right with that size.

I do have slightly wider shoulders then normal for my size and that makes jackets hang good on me, but I also have slightly larger hips then most so that is always a challenge with slimfitting longer clothes for me.
I do feel that this jacket moves a little in the waist area when i move, but Im still on my holiday weight with a little too much of the love handles going on right now lol and it should go away shortly.

I understand that its hard to make it fit just right with some gut. Im a chef and some periods I go a little wild on the food and it isnt always easy to look the best then, specially when sitting down. :D

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Seb Lucas said:
I love that jacket and I adore goat as a hide. It's spectacular. But man, I know you say you can't feel it but 3 kilos! That's one heavy SOB.

I put it on the scale today just to be sure and its actually 3.3kg (7.2pound) (116oz)

It is heavy when lifting it, but i find it a more serious jacket when it has some weight.

I have been wearing a jacket that weights about 2.5kg for so long so I didnt even think about this being heavy, I do understand that people who normaly wear light clothes would think its heavy as led.
I let some people feel it and try it yesterday and noone commented about it being too heavy. I think it has to do with it fitting good in the shoulders, the weight is evenly distributed and it doesnt hang from the neck as some bad fitting jackets do.

JanSolo

Practically Family
Hello Griff,

that looks just awesome!!! Somehow familiar though....:p

Superb jacket, great leather and very cool (no, warm!) lining. That dark brown Alpaca looks so nice and the synthetic overlay really makes sense. Glad Aero still agreed on making the jacket that way...
Again, very good choice.

Jan

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Thanks. And thanks for bringing to my attention that they had this thick goat and also thanks for everything else conserning the jacket. :p

Amanda never said anything at all to me about them saving the goatskin for military jackets. She never gave a hint about it, all she said was that it would be hard to find a single back (again)

Goat is sucha strong skin and it is very special. On a cowhide (wich is enormous) there are not so much of the prime stuff, but on a goat almost the entire hide is perfect. Offcourse there is some thinning against the stomach, head and legs but everything else is so even. There is none of the wrincles and irregularities you find on the pig and cow.

I want to tell you also that the thread they use is the same as have been around for a long time. My dad used this thread when he made leather clothes (there is only so many thread makers of this quality in the world) and he says its about the best there is. You can take one strand around a heavy steel pole and hold it and swing it and it will go through your fingers before it breaks. The only thing to be careful with is locking it carefully, because it is very shiny.

Radu

Familiar Face
Size-Fitting

Hello Griff, I really like how Cheyenne fit you. I am looking for exactly same fit for me. Can you tell me your measures: shoulders, armpit, waist and hip. I ask you that because I don't know if I should order 36 or 38 sizes. Amanda told me that 36 it will be OK but I am afraid not being to slim.
Thank you, Radu

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Hi.

The only measurements I have is the one Aero requested and they are:
Chest (across nipples): 38.6"
Chest inhale: 39.3"
Tummy (over belly button): 35.4"
Hips: 37"

The jacket was very trim fitting. I got a little chubbier during the winter
maybe gained 3-5kilo and in the end I felt it was too much with a sweater
under the jacket so I could only wear a t-shirt.

I used my usual "meat only"-diet for a week and lost those kilos and the jacket is ok again.

Mine is a size 38 but I have no idea if it is normal 38 or modified 38 to my
measurements. The way I got it its a very nice fitting jacket but you cant
gain any weight and still use sweater underneath.
Even with just a tshirt you cant get a bigger tummy because it will
strain on the last button in front and it will not hang nice.

I think the best thing you can do is measure yourself and give to Aero
and then tell them how you like the fit.
I gave them mine and said trim fit.

Radu

Familiar Face
Thank you for your quick reply. It seems that our measures are almost the same except the belly area, mine is 34 and chest 38. Anyway, next week I hope I will receive my HWM and than I will talk again with Amanda after I will take a look about HWM fitting. Thank you again. Radu

Lear

One of the Regulars
Griff

Before it's too late... that's a great coat you have there :eusa_clap. It's interesting to see the choices many here make. Glad Aero were able to find enough heavy goat for you. Fit looks perfect, and you wear it well.

Lear

Navin323i

Practically Family
Nice jacket, Griff! As of right now I'm officially a member of the Aero leather jacket owners club, so I'll be posting pics of my new jacket hopefully later today. :)

narwhale

New in Town
GriffDeLaGriff said:
Hi.

The only measurements I have is the one Aero requested and they are:
Chest (across nipples): 38.6"
Chest inhale: 39.3"
Tummy (over belly button): 35.4"
Hips: 37"

The jacket was very trim fitting. I got a little chubbier during the winter
maybe gained 3-5kilo and in the end I felt it was too much with a sweater
under the jacket so I could only wear a t-shirt.

I used my usual "meat only"-diet for a week and lost those kilos and the jacket is ok again.

Mine is a size 38 but I have no idea if it is normal 38 or modified 38 to my
measurements. The way I got it its a very nice fitting jacket but you cant
gain any weight and still use sweater underneath.
Even with just a tshirt you cant get a bigger tummy because it will
strain on the last button in front and it will not hang nice.

I think the best thing you can do is measure yourself and give to Aero
and then tell them how you like the fit.
I gave them mine and said trim fit.

Wow, your measurements are almost exactly the same as mine. I hope my LHB fits similar to yours. I requested a trim fit as well, and I'm not planning on layering much so it sounds like I should be pretty safe. Nice jacket!

jack miranda

A-List Customer
Very nice jacket, Griff.

The pics of you wearing the jacket really bring its design, fit, and look to life. Your careful research has paid off splendidly. 7.2 lbs is a lot of goatskin! But, as you say, the fit and drape of the garment 'spread it out' so it doesn't feel heavy. Well done, you and Aero. Kudos to Moira for her fine work. :eusa_clap

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
I wore this jacket all winter and spring and was going to post pics of it broken in.
But it still looks like new! It has got creases on the arms and it shows where
I have carried my cell in the front pocket, and sure it has formed to me,
but there is absolutely no signs of wear on the surface. The only places
it is showing is the inside of the collar agains my neck and the very tips
on the bottom front. Maybe its beacuse since I got it, it has been very dry
and it only rained 2 times when I was out since December! but this is
one well made jacket both goat and color finish.

I will post pics when it starts to fade. Could be years.

In the winter it held up very nice. I could walk in minus 20c without problem
if wearing hat,scarf and gloves. I actually got warm. Standing still in minus 20c
required a sweater over the t-shirt.
But this is only because it was so very dry. I did freeze my bollocks off with
just a t-shirt and only plus 1-5 when its windy because it was more humid.

The jacket is great, but it really is mostly a fall/spring jacket and I really need
this in the winter to relax more and not think so much about layering from day to day:
http://www.aeroleatherclothing.com/...e?page=displayproduct&subcatid=41&prodid=2466

The alpaca is showing wear on the back of my hips at both sides, not much
but some and I suspect it will be almost gone there in some years.
This is probably beacsue the jacket is so trim.
The satin shows wear in some places aswell. Is has develeoped a different
not so smooth surface in some areas, like it has been strained there, and
around the very end of the arms, that little bulk you can see in the pics
the satin have opened up in several places showing the alpaca underneath.
I dont blame Aero for this but myself because I requested alpaca in the
sleeves wich is not normal and it must have been hell to stitch.
Its very minor and doesnt show unless you look, and it doesnt bother me
but it has made me reconsider the satin lining for further jackets.
I like the cotton drill alot better, or the garbadine.

Tadite

Familiar Face
Great jacket!

I feel the need to say that I'm also in the process of copying it and I hope I'm lucky enough for it to fit as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner