Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Arrival of Aero Cheyenne in heavy goat

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
I didnt think about the weight while wearing it everyday in the winter, but when I walked the same distance as I do every morning without it, I was surprised how light I felt.

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Someone mentioned that Aero had some thicker darker brown alpaca so I just wrote it in the specs.

I actually dont know if it is indeed thicker then normal since I have no basis for comparison
either in color or thickness. My other jackets have cotton linings.

I have no idea how heavy it is. It isnt very thick, I dont think about it and its not bulky,
it is thicker then normal wool tho....if there is anything that is normal.

But...it is very warm. I recently got a tight fitting Alpha parka and it is actually not much warmer then the
Cheyenne. It has the hood and that makes all the difference in minus 25 and blowing, but if its
not blowing the cheyenne works with just a t-shirt under for down to near -10c
It does depend alot on the moisture in the air tho. I have been freezing in it in +1 with wet snow and wind blowing.
I very seldom wear anything thick under, a t-shirt works if Im walking, and if its rally cold
or blowing then I use a super thin fleece under. Add a wool hat and scarf and Its almost getting sweaty underneath
if Im walking with a tempo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner