Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Arrived - Aero LHB - Cordovan CXL Steerhide!

Mickiemac

One of the Regulars
I'm asking because I'm thinking of a long half belt with shearling body lining, fur collar and cord or quilted lining for the sleeves...

Aero makes a 'Longshoreman' with a shearling lining that used to include a quilted portion along the bottom. See attached image. I'm sure you could option up a LHB with a shearling lining and quilted (or other choice) for the sleeves. Not sure how much thicker the jacket would be size wise but it would certainly be well insulated. I recall seeing an Aero Barnstormer w/shawl collar (I think that's what it was - long coat, button front, belt) on ebay with the shearling lining and Cordovan Leather. It was a beautiful coat and I'm sure a LHB with similar features would be stunning.

cat-2.jpg

The above image is one of many I posted in a thread about a vintage Aero catalog from about 2000 - this is provided for reference.

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
Aero will do almost any jacket shearling lined, for a £100 upcharge. They use a shell pattern one up from the desired size to sllow for the thickness. Nice for a civilian alternative to a b3/ Irvin, et cetera.

Harris HTM

One Too Many
Aero will do almost any jacket shearling lined, for a £100 upcharge. They use a shell pattern one up from the desired size to sllow for the thickness. Nice for a civilian alternative to a b3/ Irvin, et cetera.

This is actually one of my doubts; if I have to size up in order to accommodate for the shearling lining maybe then it will look big on me, especially on the shoulders.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I know Denny worked with Simon a lot in getting his Hercules retro-fitted with the shearling, so it can done on your own size, maybe with a clippered shearling, rather than the full-pile version.

Harris HTM

One Too Many
I know Denny worked with Simon a lot in getting his Hercules retro-fitted with the shearling, so it can done on your own size, maybe with a clippered shearling, rather than the full-pile version.
yeah, when i get my bank account again in order I will contact Denny to see our options!

Peacoat

Bartender
Back to the quilted linings. I have several jackets so lined. I have found them to be as warm or warmer than the wool or Alpaca used by Aero. I don't, however, have an Aero quilted lined jacket, so the comparison may not be valid. But knowing what I know about Aero's quality, I would imagine it uses a warm quilted liner.

My wife has said no more leather jackets (or peacoats) or that would be my next Aero with the quilted liner. I have the wool, the Alpaca and the shearling, so I really do need a quilted liner. Unfortunately, I agree with my wife: there is no more room in my closets for more jackets. I am jacket rich and space poor.

Edward

Bartender
This is actually one of my doubts; if I have to size up in order to accommodate for the shearling lining maybe then it will look big on me, especially on the shoulders.

Shouldn't be a major problem; you'd need to talk to them.

Iirc, Simon's jacket was a bit on the big side for him, and the thick shearling improved the fit?

Sloan's right about the TB: it's already sized to take account of that lining.

The Thunder Bay isn't sized up, so you won't have that problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy