Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art continues to please

Cabinetman

A-List Customer
Yesterday I received the fruits of my first transaction with Mr. Fawcett. Perhaps many of you had previously seen it on Art's website, but now you can see it on me.

A 50's Cavanagh pork pie. Say, those Cavanagh's are nice, aren't they? This is my first go with one. Pretty sure it won't be my last.

I am quite pleased.

58330625.jpg

I only look like a slouch.

58330620.jpg

What is it about a great hat that makes us so pensive?

58330614.jpg

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
Terrific looking hat, because it fits you so well. I usually like porkpies to have the brim up, but that one looks good with the brim down.

Good on ya!

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
To be honest I've never liked porkpie's but after seeing you wear that one I like it on you. I'm thinking that maybe I don't like them because I can't see myself in one. But on someone else I have to admit they look good. Nice hat to go swing dancing in.

regards fedoralover

havershaw

Practically Family
I share fedoralover's sentiments. It looks great on you! Those Cavanaghs have some beautiful felt, indeed. Congratulations!

STHill

One of the Regulars
I agree. That hat looks great on you. Its a good example showing that you can't separate the hat from the wearer.

Although there is an artistic aspect to how nice a hat looks by itself, a hat has no practical goodness unless it works for the wearer. And that one does!

Cabinetman

A-List Customer
Well, thanks...thanks...and thanks again. I wasn't 100%, either, until I saw the pictures and got the all important seal of approval from Mrs. C.

The Cavanagh felt is very nice and that signature edge is really neat. As I said, I am pretty sure this will not be the last Cavanagh...stay tuned.

Cab

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
It looks great

I like the look on you, and it is a quality hat! I don't do good in the pork pie because I am not that tall. You pull the look off wonderfully! Nice! It looks sporty.

Rundquist

A-List Customer
It looks great. It?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s hard to pull off a brim-down porkpie and you do it well. I just got a Loden Green Porkpie from Optimo about a month ago. I haven?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t had time to put any pictures up yet, unfortunately. I really dig it man. A year or two ago, I would never have imagined myself wearing one. It?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s a slick look if you can pull it off, that?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s for sure. Cheers

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
I think the hat looks good on you also. Great job Art!
I have never seen one of these in person, wonder what i would look like in one. I think its for you younger guys.:D

Cabinetman

A-List Customer
Goodness, gracious! If I had known I was going to get a response like this, I'd have ordered it months ago...and dressed smarter for the pictures!

Thanks again, fellas.

C

Zane

Suspended
Hi CabinetMan,

I would have liked to added some snide remark about the tee shirt but Canadave beat me to draw. You show the very essence of what a decent young man should appear like. I personally hate stingy brims but I can imagine you or Rundquist both looking elegant in either a PP or a SB.

Its a prime example of the person making the hat an the hat making the person. I recall a time I would have never worn a straw hat but now feel compelled to own of of Panamabobs wonderful creations. I never imagined wearing a Pork pie either and now may well like to try to make one. I have seen amy porkpies turned out from hand crafting but I never felt confident enough to try it and left it to the masters that taught me what little I know.

Art you have done masterfully.

PrettyBigGuy

A-List Customer
Nice lid Cab! I also like porkpies and telescopes, but unless the crown is tall, I don't like how they look on me! You are able to pull it of though you lucky devil!
I have a Stetson Temple that I had converted to a telescope crown and while that hat looks nice I can't help but think it looks like a bottlecap on my head! I had a straw hat made by Barons in Burbank last summer with a tall telescope crown and I LOVE it! You can see it on my headin MK's BBQ thread:
http://fedoralounge.skyblueproductions.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=670&perpage=15&pagenumber=4

Here's my re-blocked Stetson. I don't have any pics of me wearing it though.
Stetson-vi.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner