Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

TomS said:
Great hat, Tom!
Thanks Tom. This felt is butter soft. That is a dry hand crease I do when I take it out of the box & put in on. It has a little more heft to it than the Blue Smoke which I like but is still feather lite. It should be a good Spring hat & I can take out the liner for really warm days.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
So, Deputy Swoopy --

If you had to guess, do you think I like the VSW II? :D

I LOVE IT! I know just what you're talking about with the greenish quality of the ribbon coming out in certain lighting conditions. Against that particular color felt -- that is a beautiful effect.

Wanderers rule...:eusa_clap

Cheers,
JtL

jimmy the lid said:
So, Deputy Swoopy --

If you had to guess, do you think I like the VSW II? :D

I LOVE IT! I know just what you're talking about with the greenish quality of the ribbon coming out in certain lighting conditions. Against that particular color felt -- that is a beautiful effect.

Wanderers rule...:eusa_clap

Cheers,
JtL
I had no doubts & only have to say..... Get you one!!!
This Pecan is very close to the Almond Tan on that Stetson Wanderer poster.
Art really surprised me with the olive hue in the ribbon, a lot like my Golden Pilgrim that I wore at High Point.

Lloyd

A-List Customer
the first Oxblood is on the block!

Just got off the phone with Art. The Oxblood felts arrived today and my hat is already on the block.
I'm so excited to see how this turns out and so is Art, he says he's curious to see how this felt reacts when he starts to work on it.
I'll be hyperventilating for days now :D

RBH

Bartender
gtdean48 said:
VSWanPecan3.jpg

VSWanPecan4.jpg

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

You are getting more and more wide Cuz.:D

St.Ignatz

Call Me a Cab
Great bubble cover Tom. My two Arts have that width ribbon but my next is coming with a thin. Go figger. There was a long pause between deciding on the Pecan or Natural. It would have been longer if I had seen that beauty first.
I hope to post my Natural soon.
Tom D.

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
kaosharper1 said:
The Jazzman is based on the C&K hats from the 1920s and have a straight sided 6" crown, the tallest Art makes. I have one in Blue Smoke. Mine accidentally came out with a Hollywood brim, but I really like it.

That Jazzman is fantastic! The brim adds a lot of character, and it really sings on top of that suit. :eusa_clap

M_Jones

One of the Regulars
Lloyd said:
Art has told me he has the capability to do long haired felts. I'm debating whether my next Art hat will be a silk finish or not.
decisions decisions.........lol

I wanted to point out that long hair felt and silk finish are two different animals. Art has the ability to procure long haired felt but "silk finish" is something Art has come up with that I have never seen replicated by another hatter. I was discussing options with Art a while ago and decided to get a silk finish hat. When it arrived I liked it so much that I ordered two more hats in that finish. It is truly remarkable and adds a lot to the look and feel of a hat. You can't go wrong with it. :)

There have been some nice hats posted lately and I am very excited to see an Oxblood hat. Like many of you I am waiting in line for more hats but I think the line is pretty long. I keep telling Art he needs to screw up a hat or two to lighten his work load. lol :p

Musashi

One of the Regulars
What great timing. A bit over an hour after I ask for a picture The conformer shows up at my door. Its less Frankensteinian than i was picturing! I thought it was gonna be hemispherical. This is gonna be fun!

Lloyd

A-List Customer
Agreed, but I had Art look at a Beaver Brand Grand Beaver, which I consider a long hair and Art calls a silk. So I'm using Art's terminology. Go figure :)

M_Jones said:
I wanted to point out that long hair felt and silk finish are two different animals. Art has the ability to procure long haired felt but "silk finish" is something Art has come up with that I have never seen replicated by another hatter. I was discussing options with Art a while ago and decided to get a silk finish hat. When it arrived I liked it so much that I ordered two more hats in that finish. It is truly remarkable and adds a lot to the look and feel of a hat. You can't go wrong with it. :)

There have been some nice hats posted lately and I am very excited to see an Oxblood hat. Like many of you I am waiting in line for more hats but I think the line is pretty long. I keep telling Art he needs to screw up a hat or two to lighten his work load. lol :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou