Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

B.J. Hedberg

Practically Family
Even in a low quality photo, that is clearly a great looking hat. :p

Musashi said:
Finally got to pick up my first VS today at the post office.

its AWESOME!

Really slick. It's my favorite hat of course now.. Lite Mojave with a Bronze ribbon. Red Liner. I've got to set up my photo booth to snap a few pics of it. And i think i may need to figure out what the best color shirt/coat to go with Mojave is (any ideas?) I picked it because i had 3 grey hats and loved the light light tan..not because it fit my current wardrobe. :)

Pics coming soon.
Actually let me add in a pic. crappy quality pic but will do for now:
36398_894604468373_6233860_48137984_5798923_n.jpg

Thanks Art for the great work! I can't wait to do it again when the Black Cherry comes in.

kaosharper1

One Too Many
Musashi said:
Finally got to pick up my first VS today at the post office.

its AWESOME!

Really slick. It's my favorite hat of course now.. Lite Mojave with a Bronze ribbon. Red Liner. I've got to set up my photo booth to snap a few pics of it. And i think i may need to figure out what the best color shirt/coat to go with Mojave is (any ideas?) I picked it because i had 3 grey hats and loved the light light tan..not because it fit my current wardrobe. :)

Looks great. Love the bronze ribbon. What are the specs?

I have a VS Mojave I bought second hand with a rust ribbon. The Mojave is pretty adaptable and I find that its really the ribbon that determines what goes with it more than mojave itself.

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Musashi said:

I based my hat on yours. I saw it in the classifieds but it was too big for me. Mine, though, is a light felt and has a thinner, dark nutria ribbon. The crown is higher and the brim slightly wider, too. I love it. Take a look.
DSC04842_1.jpg

DSC04864.jpg

Musashi

One of the Regulars
Aureliano said:
I based my hat on yours. I saw it in the classifieds but it was too big for me. Mine, though, is a light felt and has a dark, thinner it appears, nutria ribbon. The crown is higher, too. I love it. Take a look.

My Hats brand new to me. I liked yours but didn't think i could get away with that much rake!

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Musashi My Hats brand new to me. I liked yours but didn't think i could get away with that much rake!

Did you buy it from the classifieds here?
and yes, the rake is crazy but I love it. My wife says that it looks like a semi-trailer truck!lol lol

Musashi

One of the Regulars
Aureliano said:
Did you buy it from the classifieds here?
and yes, the rake is crazy but I love it. My wife says that it looks like a semi-trailer truck!lol lol

Nope I bought mine directly from Art and just received it. I think someone else posted above that they bought a similar one used from the classifieds, and now we are all confused! This one is fresh and shiny new.. Born on June 14, 2010, and its mine all mine. :) It's an artlite, but I asked him to put a full liner in it anyhow cause his liners are gorgeous.

Oh i just looked back.. 'kaosharper1' said "I have a VS Mojave I bought second hand with a rust ribbon." That's probably the one that inspired yours. Your hat inspired mine. its an infinite loop!

The Lark

One of the Regulars
The color in your hats seem so much lighter than the samples I have. I don't think it's just a matter of them being under a flash or direct sunlight either. Maybe a whole hat just catches more light than a sample strip or something. Makes me wonder what my silver belly will actually look like when it comes....

kaosharper1

One Too Many
The Lark said:
The color in your hats seem so much lighter than the samples I have. I don't think it's just a matter of them being under a flash or direct sunlight either. Maybe a whole hat just catches more light than a sample strip or something. Makes me wonder what my silver belly will actually look like when it comes....

Here's my VS silverbelly. The pic is pretty true to color. It's not as white as the Mojave:
DSCN1286.jpg

Also, Art just notified me that my new VS Panama is coming. Now the wait begins.

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
The Lark said:
The color in your hats seem so much lighter than the samples I have. I don't think it's just a matter of them being under a flash or direct sunlight either. Maybe a whole hat just catches more light than a sample strip or something.

Right! It`s the volume effect I`ve found. Like a small cotton square sample of a piece of cloth. See it the size of a handkerchief or sheet, and it`s suddenly much lighter or darker. Best to stick to the color tones you like best...but then, you can`t really go wrong if you take a good look at the photos on this thread and try and imagine the hat on your head. Most of the colors have now been well covered, with the exception of the newer ones, and the black cherry...

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Musashi said:
Oh i just looked back.. 'kaosharper1' said "I have a VS Mojave I bought second hand with a rust ribbon." That's probably the one that inspired yours. Your hat inspired mine. its an infinite loop!

:p :p lol What a confusion! lol Anyway, I'm honored that my hat inspired yours. It's a beauty, too. I like that you went for a "classic" (for lack of a better word) ribbon style. I love Art's bow designs but these Mojaves look great, IMHO, with simple, traditional ones. :eusa_clap

Pera.T

One of the Regulars
Got this one yesterday, it's also my first VS hat.
I asked Art to make me something similar to the Jazzman, and he modified it slightly to better fit my face shape. It's a wonderful hat, very different feel and quality from all the other hats I own and wear. When I first tried it on it felt a bit weird (I thought I might have stuffed the conformer process up) but after a few minutes I couldn't even feel it on my head, and now it's my other hats that feel weird lol :)

Felt colour is natural, I wanted something between a brown and a grey, and this colour is exactly that! Not sure what colour the ribbon is, I left that one up to Art!

opencrown2.jpg

rego.jpg

drybash1.jpg

liner.jpg

onhead2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn