Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

DRB

One Too Many
Pera.T, That is very nice. I see that you are pretty good at making a crease also. Nice color selection. Well done Pera, and Art.

Musashi

One of the Regulars
Pera.T said:
onhead2.jpg

Love the Wide Ribbon! (The rest of the hat too, but especially the ribbon!)

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
buler said:
Hey, your not to speak of such things.... cue the Vuvuzela's.....

B

Oops. The way he just threw it out there like that I just figured he was in the loop on this. It did throw me for a loop that he thought movie hat was gonna be natural and not steel blue.[huh]

The Lark

One of the Regulars
Pera.T said:

That is a fantastic hat. Do you guys always buy it beaver felt? I'm considering upgrading my original rabbit order before he starts making it, but is there an appreciable difference between the two when it comes to Art? Keeping in mind, this will put me into the $400 AUD range for my spending.

Pera.T

One of the Regulars
Feraud said:
The slight modification suits you very well.
What are the crown and brim measurements?
Thanks! I knew leaving the final dimensions in Art's hands would be a good idea :)
Open crowned it's about 5 1/4", brim 2 1/2", ribbon 2".
DRB said:
Pera.T, That is very nice. I see that you are pretty good at making a crease also. Nice color selection. Well done Pera, and Art.
The felt is so soft it creases with ease doesn't it! It's only drybashed at the moment, but the side dents keep popping out so I may need to get a bit of water on it to set them in.
Musashi said:
Love the Wide Ribbon! (The rest of the hat too, but especially the ribbon!)
No thin ribbons for me, the bigger the better!
saucerfiend said:
You look great in that hat. The look fits you perfectly. You know, come to think of it, you kinda' look like Antonio Banderas?

Brian
Haha, thank you very much! :D

Musashi

One of the Regulars
Question for everyone with a VS Hat:

Art's hats do not have 'stiffener' is that correct?

I would like to shape my hat and make the shape be 'remembered' by the hat, If i do this with steam will it work with no stiffener?

Now that i've worn it a few days i think i am ready to not be messing with the shape all the time.
Any ideas?

Thanks!
Jeff

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn