Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

dwebber18

One of the Regulars
I'm expecting the granite to be great. From the pictures and toughts of members here I think it's a good color choice. It was pretty much mine and my wife's first choices as well. This will be my only hat aside from 2 panamas so I wet with the most utilitarian color I saw and for me it was granite. Hopefully I'll get a progress picture as it gets worked on so I can share that and see what Art has on his mind, haha.

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
rlk [IMG said:
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4086/5009521954_5fe35f26d6_b.jpg[/IMG]

rlk, what is the green thread running down the middle? Is it part of the decoration?

5009521954_5fe35f26d6_b.jpg

hollowpond

One of the Regulars
kaosharper1 said:
My avatar is in granite, and it does go well with brown. It has a brownish undertone, so I had to go with blue smoke afterwards to have a more blue-grey hat for blue clothing.
Should have done a search!:eusa_doh: Seems the overwhelming consensus is it goes great with a variety of tones...

Travis

Doublegun

Practically Family
Earlier this year Art made a "Marathon" for me in lithgweight Granite and I find the color extremely versatile. It dresses up well enough to wear with a suit and top coat, goes nicely with a tweed sport coat and I can wear it with my FQHH Aero LHB without feeling like I'm trying to pull off and Indy look. As for wearing it with navy, I think it can be done. There are certainly brown undertones but it has a bit of a blue cast, as well.

I have three hats by Art, one in Moss, one in Midnight and one in Granite but I have to say the Granite is my favorite for day to day wear and the more I wear it the better it gets.

JDG

rlk

I'll Lock Up
daizawaguy said:
rlk, what is the green thread running down the middle? Is it part of the decoration?

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4086/5009521954_5fe35f26d6_b.jpg[/IMG]
Yes. It has an involved explanation, but I prefer the viewer use their own imagination...;)

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
Rat Pack said:
I need to quit reading this thread, your making the wait for Art's call unbearable :)

If it makes you feel any better, my #7 is in the works now and it is as much painful anticipation as the firstlol lol

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
What a co-incidence HBB! Mine is in the post! :)

I had an exchange with Art a few months back about the approach of Autumn, and asked Art if there was anything he thought I should have. Art replied a `dark moss` or `maybe a cherry...?`, but I replied that the darker colors don`t really suit me so well.

A few weeks later, another exchange...`perhaps a porkpie?`...

"Well Art, thanks for the suggestions, but I want something a little more different, a little more flair..." Art was a little worried he was at the end of his possibilities, until suddenly...

Art: " Well I do have these antique Borsalino blocks...I mean not original Borso`s, but I did get them from a Borsalino restorer back in the hey day, and I`ve I haven`t really used them..."

To which I sprung to the idea..."Artisso Fawcetto, put me in the queue!"

Stay tuned, folks...should be landing on these shores later this week, or early next.

My first repeat color!

DRB

One Too Many
Arts got antique Borsalino blocks!!! I need to get back into the cue if they have the same taper in the front and low crown. I hope they do. If they do, I have several colors in mind. Please let me know how those blocks turn out...please!

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
daizawaguy said:
What a co-incidence HBB! Mine is in the post! :)

I had an exchange with Art a few months back about the approach of Autumn, and asked Art if there was anything he thought I should have. Art replied a `dark moss` or `maybe a cherry...?`, but I replied that the darker colors don`t really suit me so well.

A few weeks later, another exchange...`perhaps a porkpie?`...

"Well Art, thanks for the suggestions, but I want something a little more different, a little more flair..." Art was a little worried he was at the end of his possibilities, until suddenly...

Art: " Well I do have these antique Borsalino blocks...I mean not original Borso`s, but I did get them from a Borsalino restorer back in the hey day, and I`ve I haven`t really used them..."

To which I sprung to the idea..."Artisso Fawcetto, put me in the queue!"

Stay tuned, folks...should be landing on these shores later this week, or early next.

My first repeat color!

lol lol I will never caught up if you keep getting one when I do. You know, the funny thing is I sent Art a picture of one of yours and told him I want a ribbon like it.

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
handlebar bart said:
lol lol You know, the funny thing is I sent Art a picture of one of yours and told him I want a ribbon like it.

No kidding!?:eek:

Looking forward to it! Wonder which it is!!??

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
rlk said:
Yes. It has an involved explanation, but I prefer the viewer use their own imagination...;)

Mmmmm...a curtain tie?

A Lace?

A drawstring?

The tie of an ancient manuscript?

[huh]

animator

One of the Regulars
Paypal reversed my payment to Art!!! :eek: !!!

I'm going to start refering to them as Payprank :rage: :rage: :rage:

I sure hope the new payment went through okay! I got the hat today and love it. Really love it! I hope Art knows it wasn't anything I did, Paypal just auto-ate my account. I even got a confirmation email saying Art had been paid.

I'm going back to checks! Art, I'd pay you before my mortgage!

animator

One of the Regulars
After seeing the Oxblood fedoras posted here I had to have one.

ox.jpg

The color is stunning! The finish has a slight velvet quality. Unfortunately, my pictures don't capture the color well.

front.jpg

upper.jpg

The fit is fantastic like my other VS hats.

HATon.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters