Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

barrowjh

One Too Many
whati'dreallyliketosee

I have not seen the sunset color felt in classic fedora lines, with the perfect medium brown ribbon (ok, maybe a small of splash of bergundy across the bow), why not? I would order one myself, but my wife insists that the sunset color will not look worth a darn on me. Still, I'd like to see the hat.

kaosharper1

One Too Many
animator said:
After seeing the Oxblood fedoras posted here I had to have one.
The color is stunning! The finish has a slight velvet quality. Unfortunately, my pictures don't capture the color well.

Another great hat. Can we have the dimensions?

Crazy Legs

Familiar Face
OK you guys are making it hard on me. I have been lurking here for a while and after looking at many posts I ordered an Art Fawcett myself. I am not a hat wearer for the most part but there is something about a well dressed man that will finish off his attire with a hat that complements his look. I bought a Stetson Temple in a dark grey with a black ribbon a number of years ago and have worn it only a handful of times. Wanting to further my hat education I found this site and a little later I ordered an VS Sportaire hat in Whiskey. Not only do I have a perfect fit but Art's craftmanship is in every detail. So what does one do after recieving a hat from Art? I ordered another one. Giving Art just a few details and leaving the rest to him is what makes it work. He is a master hat maker and every picture here is the motivation to obtain another hat for a different look.
I thank all of you for posting your pictures and giving the details of your hat. I will take pictures this weekend and post a few myself.

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Crazy Legs said:
OK you guys are making it hard on me. I have been lurking here for a while and after looking at many posts I ordered an Art Fawcett myself. I am not a hat wearer for the most part but there is something about a well dressed man that will finish off his attire with a hat that complements his look. I bought a Stetson Temple in a dark grey with a black ribbon a number of years ago and have worn it only a handful of times. Wanting to further my hat education I found this site and a little later I ordered an VS Sportaire hat in Whiskey. Not only do I have a perfect fit but Art's craftmanship is in every detail. So what does one do after recieving a hat from Art? I ordered another one. Giving Art just a few details and leaving the rest to him is what makes it work. He is a master hat maker and every picture here is the motivation to obtain another hat for a different look.
I thank all of you for posting your pictures and giving the details of your hat. I will take pictures this weekend and post a few myself.
I can't wait to see those pics, Legs. I came close to getting exactly that, a Sportaire in whiskey. Now I get to see yours and may still get that next year. Oh and welcome to the Lounge!

animator

One of the Regulars
Art, can you give us the dimensions? I just moved and don't have my ruler, yet.

This is my third VS hat and I have learned the more choices I leave to Art the more I like the hat. Somehow he knows what I want better than I do! On this hat I suggested the color and said I want an overwelt edge, then my new favorite hat showed up.

...that's like picking favorite kids. I love all my VS's.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
...that's like picking favorite kids. I love all my VS's.

lol lol lol I love it Animator!!!

Specs, 5 1/2 crown, 2 1/2 overwelt, burgundy ribbon with no "VS" splash of color trying to keep it classic & understated. I really think this color stands alone & doesn't need pzazz help in terms of ribbon.
Thank you for the kind words Gents

Kkaderly

One of the Regulars
Great Hat Animator!

Love that oxblood Animator looks great on you too!!!!!

I have finally been able to where my VS now that he weather is cooling a slight bit! I can't say enough good things about it ... they are sooooo comfortable .... thanks again Art! The pecan rally looks good with my whole wardrobe ... I know that I have posted pics before of this hat and I apologize but this blue shirt with the blue highlight in the ribbon and a pair of dark brown slacks ... man its sharp!!!! Not the guy in the pic but the hat looks great!!!!

IMG_0937.jpg

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Kkaderly said:

I have finally been able to where my VS now that he weather is cooling a slight bit! I can't say enough good things about it ... they are sooooo comfortable .... thanks again Art! The pecan rally looks good with my whole wardrobe ... I know that I have posted pics before of this hat and I apologize but this blue shirt with the blue highlight in the ribbon and a pair of dark brown slacks ... man its sharp!!!! Not the guy in the pic but the hat looks great!!!!

IMG_0937.jpg

:eusa_clap

Bravo to you and to Art!

Rat Pack

One of the Regulars
Both are great looking hats gentlmen.

Man, can't wait until I get a call!

My luck he'll call end of next week. Probably end up ording something in zebra stripes with a peacock feather sticking out of an sharkskin ribbon since I'll be chock full of narcotics from some shoulder repairs. :eusa_doh:

animator

One of the Regulars
Art, I absolutely agree that the Oxblood color carries the hat and the ribbon you did is PERFECT! I appreciate your great judgement there.

I appreciate the fancy ribbon and bow work you have been doing, but it really doesn't fit me. I left the bow and ribbon completely up to you and what you created is exactly what I would have wanted. Being able to create different style hats that match your customers so well makes you a very special craftsman. Thank you!

Kkaderly - the hat looks great on you!

danofarlington

Kkaderly said:

IMG_0937.jpg
That's the kind of hat I might want to order from Art someday.

hollowpond

One of the Regulars
Kkaderly said:

IMG_0937.jpg
How bout a close up on that bow? Geez I thought I wanted a thinner (not OR thin) ribbon on my VS, but this pic has got me on the fence! How torturous is the wait time untill I get that call from Art? I will probably change my mind a hundred times!!!!

Travis

BobC

barrowjh said:
Really nice looking lid - elegant. I do like classic lines, classic ribbon treatments.
:arated: Very beautiful, Animator. Classic and elegant. Your VS inspires me to jump into Art's que again for one for me. Excellent, Art!

Kkaderly

One of the Regulars
hollowpond said:
How bout a close up on that bow? Geez I thought I wanted a thinner (not OR thin) ribbon on my VS, but this pic has got me on the fence! How torturous is the wait time untill I get that call from Art? I will probably change my mind a hundred times!!!!

Travis

The wait time is not bad its deciding on a color!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have always thought that a silver belly would be my next addition but animators oxblood is really cool!!!! Of course the new has to wear off my pecan :D .

Travis here is a closeup of the bow and ribbon it is 1 1/2" ... I really like it ... I would recommend letting Art do the ribbon and bow without direction .... all I e-mailed him was a few pics of myself with different hats on and "I kind of like stacked bows" ... It ended up being exactly what I wanted without even knowing what I wanted!

IMG_3987.jpg

IMG_3992.jpg

hollowpond

One of the Regulars
You are absolutely right on both counts, the wait times are next to nothing considering it's a custom fedora and its the deciding that's driving me nuts!!! Most of my wardrobe is brown/earth tones so I'm gonna give Art a couple of colors (pecan and natural I think?!?) and a couple of pics of me with and without hats, give him a general theme and let him go to town! I do like that bow, and I generally don't like the stacked bows! I like that hat stand, is that your "My Next VS" jar?

Travis

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Napoli, 1952. Mr Artisso Fawcetto, recently emigrated from the United States, launches a new line of lower crown, more tapered, soft flexible brims with strong upsweep for his European audience. This takes Borsalino by surprise...here goes folks...the "bellisimo" model, 2" brim, 4" crown, centre dent by the master himself, hand creased...

20105October001.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn