Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

One Too Many
Hollowpond, I like the brim down more, but up or flat is good too. I just wear all mine down. Personal preference.
Dec072010.jpg
This hat is beautiful to me, I like the crown and the color is so nice, we say in spanish: "esta matador" ( It is killer)
Cheers ¡¡¡¡¡

B.J. Hedberg

Practically Family
Talk about being as excited as the proverbial kid at Christmas! I just picked up my new Black Cherry VS from the Post Office, and it is even more amazing than I anticipated! Anybody who has seen my pictures before knows I'm not a photographer, but here's my best attempt at snapping a few pics with my phone. The ribbon treatment, which I left completely up to Art, is amazing. I love the arrows!

JWBlackCherry4.jpg

A fantastic looking hat. :eusa_clap

univibe88

One Too Many
Idle hands

I had been thinking of rebashing my Art pork pie just to try it out. I had emailed Art to make sure there was nothing about the block he used that would prevent it from working. He said it would be fine.

I tried last week, but I put a center dent that was way too deep and I didn't like the way it hit the top of my head. I decided to abandon the idea.

Last night I was watching The Blues Brothers and was inspired to try again. I'm pretty happy with the results. This is just a dry bash with no steam or water used. You can still see the creases from the original pork pie, but they'll eventually work out.

The brim has always had a side swoop to it, falling down on the right and flipping up the left. I kept it with this new bash.

Also, the hat is black and is extremely hard to photograph. The flash really effected the color in the last shot. In the after shot on my head, that's beads of water after coming in from the snow.

Before:

DSC_0480.jpg

DSC_0466.jpg

After:

DSC_0037.jpg

DSC_0047.jpg

One Too Many
I had been thinking of rebashing my Art pork pie just to try it out. I had emailed Art to make sure there was nothing about the block he used that would prevent it from working. He said it would be fine.

I tried last week, but I put a center dent that was way too deep and I didn't like the way it hit the top of my head. I decided to abandon the idea.

Last night I was watching The Blues Brothers and was inspired to try again. I'm pretty happy with the results. This is just a dry bash with no steam or water used. You can still see the creases from the original pork pie, but they'll eventually work out.

The brim has always had a side swoop to it, falling down on the right and flipping up the left. I kept it with this new bash.

Also, the hat is black and is extremely hard to photograph. The flash really effected the color in the last shot. In the after shot on my head, that's beads of water after coming in from the snow.

Before:

DSC_0480.jpg

DSC_0466.jpg

I like more porky pie than other way, very nice hat and looks fine on you ¡¡¡¡

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112