Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
I agree with Mulceber; the price is still very fair for all of the time you put into them. I'm sure most every other maker would have given me a blank stare if I described to them what I have to you. I really like the 'Dove', by the way. Art, how would you say it compares to Blue Smoke as a color? More violet undertones, I'd guess?

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
to my eye Flute, is doesn't compare at all as it doesn't have that strong blue influence. The overtone also is just that, a hint that the untrained eye could easily miss.
I'm betting that as I add different ribbons it will pick up the ribbon tones of each and the color will look different.

Last edited:

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
How does the silk/velour finish work? Do you have the felt hoods made separately, or is it a method of pouncing that can coax a longer nap out of the felt? I've always wondered how that works, because I've assumed the fur is blended differently in the felt production.

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
How does the silk/velour finish work? Do you have the felt hoods made separately, or is it a method of pouncing that can coax a longer nap out of the felt? I've always wondered how that works, because I've assumed the fur is blended differently in the felt production.

You have to wait for the season of the velour beaver in Canada. They only mate every other year.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Now, for the Dove..all I can say is WOW!!!! I was shooting for a grey with some undertones and my felter hit it dead on!!! While in Tn last year Jimmy the Lid brought a grey with violet overtones to it (yes, violet) and it was spectacular. Right after getting home I had a friend & client send a few hats for c&B and sweet...one was the exact same color as what JtL had so I was able to send it off & have it duped...

Color me intrigued, Art! Very cool. Glad to see the changes happening to the website, complete with new lids. Very exciting, indeed! And, even at $385, your hats are a relative bargain in light of the quality and creativity that are reflected in your work. Can't wait to see what's next!

Cheers,
JtL

Last edited:

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Now that I see this Mallory again Jimmy I realize my memory was off. I see a LOT more lavender in your hat than is in Dove. Dove is more violet so my mind's eye had to be a bit off. Actually, I'm glad.))

Still, you get credit for planting the seed. What grew was Dove

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner