Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
That's a really great shot. And make it to the paper ... wonderful.

Does your girl cover her head in that weather? :smow:

My VS made the front page of the paper today! We've had a bit of winter weather this week, and I didn't even realize a photographer for the Middlesboro Daily News snapped this picture. My sweetheart and I were headed into the local coffee shop after an early dinner. Even through the snow and from a distance, the black cherry really stands out.

That's great, and a great hat to boot!

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
My second Work of Art is in the mail!

I won't give away all the details yet (where's the fun in that?), but I will say this; It's Sunset, and very rlk inspired in a 1920's sort of way. *cough*

Stay tuned! This one should be a knockout!

Cheers,

anon`

One Too Many
My second Work of Art is in the mail!

I won't give away all the details yet (where's the fun in that?), but I will say this; It's Sunset, and very rlk inspired in a 1920's sort of way. *cough*
Quite a looker! I'm trying to gear up for another Art or two, and I have a very similar idea knocking around in the back of my head. Can't wait to see it put to use!

hulkamad

Familiar Face
Is Art's website in for a redesign? I ask because I see 3 new hats atop the limited editions gallery page (The Anazizi, Academy and the Sanders-looking sharp!). Maybe they have been there for a while and I didn't notice them. Also, those 3 don't have "# remaining" in their description, while the older hats have all been reduced to "zero remaining." Did Art sell out most/all his original inventory over the holidays or is the website undergoing a change of some sort?

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Is Art's website in for a redesign? I ask because I see 3 new hats atop the limited editions gallery page (The Anazizi, Academy and the Sanders-looking sharp!). Maybe they have been there for a while and I didn't notice them. Also, those 3 don't have "# remaining" in their description, while the older hats have all been reduced to "zero remaining." Did Art sell out most/all his original inventory over the holidays or is the website undergoing a change of some sort?

I noticed that, too. Anyone know the skinny on what's going on?

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
Some exciting stuff! I just checked it out after you guys said. Let's see; different things...

*New colors: 'The Academy' is in a new felt called Dove. I've never seen the color used for the 'Anasizi' before either.

*We have a legit velour finish on the 'Sanders'. The other two new ones are called 'suede' finish, a name Art previously used with me to differentiate between his standard finish and the silk finish. I wonder if the silk finish has been renamed to 'velour', or if the velour is a whole different animal. Can't tell exactly from the picture.

*The 'Anasizi' is $425, and the other two are both $385. I wonder if the prices will be new across the board, or if they're different for these limited editions.

Looks like this will be quickly expanding in the new couple of days. I'm curious to see what else Art is preparing to unroll.

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Some exciting stuff! I just checked it out after you guys said. Let's see; different things...

*New colors: 'The Academy' is in a new felt called Dove. I've never seen the color used for the 'Anasizi' before either.

*We have a legit velour finish on the 'Sanders'. The other two new ones are called 'suede' finish, a name Art previously used with me to differentiate between his standard finish and the silk finish. I wonder if the silk finish has been renamed to 'velour', or if the velour is a whole different animal. Can't tell exactly from the picture.

*The 'Anasizi' is $425, and the other two are both $385. I wonder if the prices will be new across the board, or if they're different for these limited editions.

Looks like this will be quickly expanding in the new couple of days. I'm curious to see what else Art is preparing to unroll.

What a spot!!!

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
Not to steal any of Art's thunder but Yes he is updating his website and Dove is a new color, that is all I know for sure....

Someone else will have to fill in the rest of the blanks......

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Boy, you guys are GOOD!!!!!

D'Guy, I'm sorry, my nephew has taken over the website work and in our fumbling to get a working understanding ( he didn't grow up around me so we don't know each other well) the new color was published.

Gent's , I am working on a Dove for D'guy that will most likely also be a Limited Edition and has had consented to introducing it for me. I think you will still enjoy it when he gets it.

Yes, I am FINALLY ( after almost 5 yrs) updating the website and adding new styles as I can get them done.

My prices have changed for the first time in 4 years to reflect the increases I can no longer absorb. Also, as with the Anasazi, it will reflect the extra hours involved in the ribbon work for those styles. Not every Limited from the past was sold out so if interested please contact me privately but honestly, I'm getting pretty tired of the same hats up there, aren't you? I hope to add at least 3 per week for the next few weeks so, stay tuned!!!

Now, for the Dove..all I can say is WOW!!!! I was shooting for a grey with some undertones and my felter hit it dead on!!! While in Tn last year Jimmy the Lid brought a grey with violet overtones to it ( yes, violet) and it was spectacular. Right after getting home I had a friend & client send a few hats for c&B and sweet...one was the exact same color as what JtL had so I was able to send it off & have it duped. So far I haven't found a ribbon in jewel tones that DOESN'T work with it. I think this will be my most versatile color yet. If it works this well with ribbon colors, I KNOW it will work with wardrobes.
Can you tell I'm excited?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo