Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

rbbrock

Familiar Face
Art's work is AMAZING!

I got this last night, and now's my first chance to post pictures:

inbox.jpg

side.jpg

fronton.jpg

sideon.jpg

Obviously, it's not creased yet, as I'm still playing with it trying to decide what to do.

The specs on the hat are:
Mojave dress weight, rust ribbon.
Crown: 5 1/2"
Brim: 2 3/4 "
Ribbon: 1 9/16"

grey ghost

One of the Regulars
Wow great hat.....

what color is the ribbon, hard to see on my puter....

Art does some great work, cant wait for mine to arrive.....

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
Oh wow I like that hat. After a crease that hat is going to look amazing. I like everything about that one.:eusa_clap I have to agree about the ribbon especially. I'm goin back to look at that one again:)

Ok I looked again. Still great looking.

rbbrock

Familiar Face
Thanks guys, Art really does great work!

grey ghost said:
what color is the ribbon, hard to see on my puter....

It's rust, and it's a wonderful color. The color scheme for this hat was inspired by Joel Tunnah (see page 4 of this thread).

Stoney

Practically Family
sphughes said:
Phil,

Art made me a beauty in Whiskey. It is a great color and it really works IMO. I LOVE this hat and any day now I expect to hear from Art his sibling is ready to ship.

249392355_gygze-S.jpg

-Scott

Art has really done some nice work here lately, but I just have to say Scott that yours really caught my eye. Congrats on a truly beautiful lid my friend.

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That's a beauty, RB. There have been a couple of mojave hats posted here lately. I really like the color. I'm planning a work of Art for the near future. That color will definitely get serious consideration.

GreyHat

New in Town
B R A N D X® said:
I know there are always questions about felt colors etc and I received a couple of PM's about Art's Moss Green looking darker and more brown on his felt strip sample card. If your monitor is calibrated (and if it isn't it should be) these shots will give you an accurate representation of what Moss Green looks like in person. Shot in natural light and color corrected to a gray card used in first shot.......

Moss Green Trackside:
2319374096_eeb1f6192c_o.jpg

2318563371_32151f487c_o.jpg

2318563609_8f3fa5852d_o.jpg

2319410018_3637e45fd2_o.jpg

2319373564_d2e269879d_o.jpg

So, what are the colors of the three hats? Steel, granite, and moss?

univibe88

One Too Many
Something new and never before seen from Art

This thread has been quiet for too long! Art's wait list is not getting any shorter, so where are all these hats going???? I just posted this one in its own thread, but wanted to post it here for prosperity

DSC_0467.jpg

DSC_0480.jpg

DSC_0462-1.jpg

DSC_0466.jpg

Art really outdid himself with the bow treatment. He really came up with something unique! He also did something cool with the brim. It's 2.25" in the front, but only 2" in the back.

Serendipitously, even the snap of the brim ended up unique. When I put it on, I reached up with my right hand to snap down the brim and it natually fell into the side-snap/swoop you see - with the right side snapped down and the left side left up. Art says this was not on purpose, but the hat just wanted to be this way. I think it plays into the jazzy, hip, unique look that I wanted and I intend to leave it that way.

In case you were wonder, the "never before seen" part of this hat is the purple liner. I was after Art like crazy to get me a purple liner and I believe this the first one he's made.

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
univibe88 said:
This thread has been quiet for too long! Art's wait list is not getting any shorter, so where are all these hats going???? I just posted this one in its own thread, but wanted to post it here for prosperity

DSC_0467.jpg

DSC_0480.jpg

DSC_0462-1.jpg

DSC_0466.jpg

Art really outdid himself with the bow treatment. He really came up with something unique! He also did something cool with the brim. It's 2.25" in the front, but only 2" in the back.

Serendipitously, even the snap of the brim ended up unique. When I put it on, I reached up with my right hand to snap down the brim and it natually fell into the side-snap/swoop you see - with the right side snapped down and the left side left up. Art says this was not on purpose, but the hat just wanted to be this way. I think it plays into the jazzy, hip, unique look that I wanted and I intend to leave it that way.

In case you were wonder, the "never before seen" part of this hat is the purple liner. I was after Art like crazy to get me a purple liner and I believe this the first one he's made.

Sharp looking lid, and that purple liner..................wow that is a great shade

univibe88

One Too Many
handlebar bart said:
that is a great shade

Thanks. I was a bit worried about how the purple would come out, as it can be a finicky color. It can easily be too blue, too lavender, etc. But I am thrilled with the color.

HungaryTom

One Too Many
univibe88 said:

Hey, it seems that a painter is lost in Art! That Cobalt violet bow background is sticking out from the ultramarine-violet (almost black) background!!! I am really impressed. The lining is a beauty as well.

Boxerken

One of the Regulars
Fawcett V S

After much anticipation, my VS arrived today. I have never known until now what it feels like to wear a fedora that truly fits, this hat is fantastic in evey way, Art I take my hat off to you sir.

DSC01264.jpg

DSC01261.jpg

http://i286.photobucket

Color Camel
Brim 2 5/8

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
Boxerken said:
After much anticipation, my VS arrived today. I have never known until now what it feels like to wear a fedora that truly fits, this hat is fantastic in evey way, Art I take my hat off to you sir.

DSC01264.jpg

DSC01261.jpg

http://i286.photobucket

Color Camel
Brim 2 5/8[/QUOTE]

That is a really sharp looking lid. That camel colored beaver sure has a shimmer to it. Really classy with the ribbon choice as well:eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24