Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Thank you for all the kind words Gents. MrEllis, I'm glad you liked the work and Thank you for giving me the freedom to keep it toned down. I know I'm known for the ribbon work I do and in many hats it is needed for the hat to "pop" but this one didn't. Despite the reputation, more often than not, "less is more". In this hat ( MrEllis) the colors alone were enough to give it the VS style.
OG, I'd forgotten that one!!!

RBH

Bartender
Introducing the milan Barnstormer!

barnstormer006.jpg

The color is chocolate with a silverbelly thin ribbon and bound edge.

barnstormer004.jpg

barnstormer005.jpg

Awhile back I discussed this hat with Art, he said he would give it a shot and he
knocked it out of the park!
Well done Art!!!!

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up

Rusty, that hat is INCREDIBLE!!!!!! I love every single thing about it. The crown is beautifully tall, and the milan color mixed with the ribbon color just looks fantastic. Art really did knock this one out of the park!!! Great job ART!! How tall is the crown? :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

cookie

I'll Lock Up

barnstormer006.jpg

barnstormer004.jpg

barnstormer005.jpg

Awhile back I discussed this hat with Art, he said he would give it a shot and he
Well done Art!!!!

Sorry.... not feeling any luurrvvv for this one Rusty.

Johnny J

Call Me a Cab

barnstormer006.jpg

barnstormer004.jpg

barnstormer005.jpg

Well done Art!!!!

Superb!!!!!!!! This is truly a work of Art!

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Rusty now you have both colors of Milan that Art has I think. I shot in the sun might change the tint on the hat. This color looks like it is hard to photograph. Great work of Art for sure.

RBH

Bartender
Thanks evryone.
Josh, this hat has a tall really vintage looking crease.
I will have to find my tape, Tom.
But the brim is 2 5\8s and I would say at least a 5 inch creased crown, so maybe 5 1\2 uncreased.
Johnny and Scooter thanks!
Ed, this is a hard color to photo.
Maybe a shot wearing it this afternoon will show it better.
The photos in no way show how the ribbons and color mesh.
Cookie, I understand, sometimes ya like 'em.. sometimes ya dont.

mustangman3000

One of the Regulars
Looks great RBH! I just got my first VS, it's a chocolate milan as well. I would post some pics but I guess I don't have enough posts yet.
And as others have said, it's a very hard color to capture on camera. I can't find my felt samples but I would say it's a couple of shades lighter than the chocolate felt.

IsaacRN

One of the Regulars
I need some help, and do not want to bother Art via telephone. I use to work in a western store and would shape hats. Now, as we all know, western hats are much more stiff. Now on my last VS, one of the side dents is losing its shape so to speak, and need to be pushed in a bit. The overall product just feels so much softer. Would buying a tea kettle and lightly warming the felt be good enough to actually keep a shape? I am scared to death of ruining my hat, but i think its easy enough. What do you all think?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy