Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Thank you David! Very helpful indeed.
The greenish undertone that I mentioned is visible on the little swatch felt strip when putting it next to certain other light grey and off-white tones. It is a VERY subtle undertone, however. I'm not even sure whether others would agree with me about the existence of this hardly noticable greenish cast. lol
Anyway, the Silvermist color looks just great!

St.Ignatz

Call Me a Cab
Silver Mist

Still working on the swoop. I've found it a lot easier to get the curve to hold with my underwelt Natural but this is why I got a Jiffy streamer. Top photo closest to color the rest look like Blue Smoke.
DSCF0895-1.jpg

DSCF0893.jpg

DSCF0890.jpg

Tom D.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Brando - my Silvermist is a bound brim. Art had a ribbon that was almost exactly the felt colour.

Rabbit - you're most welcome

Tom D - fantastic Silvermist you have there!

MilwBern

New in Town
Hello Gents,
This beauty came in the mail yesterday afternoon. First time post here, so I hope it goes through properly. I would also like to extend a big thank you all for the endless info and pics I've sifted through over this past year as a "lurker". Specs are 5 3/4" open crown, 2 3/8 bound brim. Blue Smoke with darker blue ribbon. Big thanks to Art as well.
IMG_0071.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_0070.jpg
[/IMG]
Photo9.jpg
[/IMG]

Benny

Johnny J

Call Me a Cab
Hello Gents,
This beauty came in the mail yesterday afternoon. First time post here, so I hope it goes through properly. I would also like to extend a big thank you all for the endless info and pics I've sifted through over this past year as a "lurker". Specs are 5 3/4" open crown, 2 3/8 bound brim. Blue Smoke with darker blue ribbon. Big thanks to Art as well.
IMG_0071.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_0070.jpg
[/IMG]
Photo9.jpg
[/IMG]

Benny

First of all, "Welcome to the lounge!". Nice choice in specs and size on this one. Congrats! You have a winner!

Brando11

A-List Customer
Wow! Great, great hat- I LOVE that straight taper and tall crown, and what a perfect color combination. Outstanding!

MilwBern

New in Town
Thanks Tom d, Rabbit, Johnny J, Brando

I'm really enjoying this hat----hasn't left my head in the past 3 days. The VS addiction has started. Should have some pics of a dark moss by the end of this week...

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Look at that! I wasn't paying attention and missed a couple of new VS hats.

Hatto - nice Hitchhiker. I was very interested in getting one myself (still might at some point) but I went with the ArtLites instead. Looks to be a nicely styled hat. I hope you enjoy wearing it.

Benny - the Blue Smoke looks great. I really like the choice of the darker blue ribbon as well. So you have a Dark Moss on the way? I got the same colour just last week and I like it a lot.

Art is a hat making machine right now - a lot of cool new VS's appearing.

jbucklin

Practically Family
Look at that! I wasn't paying attention and missed a couple of new VS hats.

Hatto - nice Hitchhiker. I was very interested in getting one myself (still might at some point) but I went with the ArtLites instead. Looks to be a nicely styled hat. I hope you enjoy wearing it.

Benny - the Blue Smoke looks great. I really like the choice of the darker blue ribbon as well. So you have a Dark Moss on the way? I got the same colour just last week and I like it a lot.

Art is a hat making machine right now - a lot of cool new VS's appearing.

+1!!!

MilwBern

New in Town
DJH---your dark moss looks great!! I think mine went on the block yesterday, so should be here soon.

Rabbit---I was purposely avoiding ordering a hat from Art for a couple of years because I knew my addiction would be in full force. Some of your posts displaying the different color felts may have pushed me over the edge. Moss pics coming soon.

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Silvermist 5.5" x 2 3/8", silver bound brim, 22 ligne black ribbon & windcord

P1050625.jpg

This afternoon, the Silvermist decided to mingle with some of the other lighter-colored VS felts.

Atop Silverbelly, with Dove in the Background:

P1050618.jpg

P1050628.jpg

P1050629.jpg

P1050632.jpg

With Mojave joining the party - clockwise from 10 O'clock Mojave, Dove, Silverbelly, Silvermist:

P1050581.jpg

Atop Silverbelly, with Dove to the right and Mojave in the foreground:

P1050597.jpg

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran