Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

hatband

One of the Regulars
Hi Rabbit,
Thanks, just looked at the links you put up for light felt comparisons. I am surprised that the Dove looks good with both black/grey clothing as well as brown/earthy shades. Seems to be a very versatile colour.

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Dove
232323232%7Ffp73478%3Enu%3D8986%3E396%3E25%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D3642%3B8%3B%3B6934%3Bnu0mrj
232323232%7Ffp73489%3Enu%3D8986%3E396%3E25%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D3642%3B8%3B%3B7234%3Bnu0mrj

:eusa_clap

Surreal Settings Seabass, Seriously!

Your photos are exemplary this week, Sir. The lids exhibited and your use of such beautiful models is almost unfair to the rest of us. TOO cute!

"Young People (KIDS!) and Hats" thread, perhaps?!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Che; A stacked dove Playboy wow! That fedora is certainly no mirror warmer. It is darn sharp hep cat hat with a lean towards Madison Ave. The pics show a supreme example of a fedora that is elegantly refined and tasteful in its simplicity.

The pics beautifully pics capture the dynamite artlite dove hat inspired by the iconic Playboy. Additonally they clearly show me you are "cool." I understand "cool" to be a quality for someone who is extraordinary. Family, scenic backdrops, attire, are sweet and extraordinary. Definately cool. No apple butter here, I am impressed. BTW: I do get a big tickle from the cow pics.

Che, congrats to you and Art Fawcett. Love your new hat!

Best from this MN boy, Eric -

Last edited:

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
Che, that Dove is the best,,,, but then I would expect nothing but the best from you...

Great Dove.....I thought I was done buying new hats but maybe not..........I may have to start saving again....

Art, I am sorry for your loss......

Last edited:

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Che I am proud that a gentleman of your great tastes likes my lid. Art did such a good job on it. The crease and everything. I have finally gotten into his line up today for a full custom (my first from him). I am very excited.
You sure live in some beautiful country. Thanks for sharing the great pictures!

hatband

One of the Regulars
Well, the deposit has gone to Art today for my first custom as well. Looking forward to seeing the felt samples. I decided to go with Art's century felts in featherweight.;)

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Congratulations on your latest VS, Che! The Dove is one sweet color.

Another collage in my series of VS hats being worn -

5.5" x 2 3/8" VS Dove w/ 22 L charcoal

Today, a Prince-of-Wales check flannel suit, linen knit tie, light blue broadcloth, silk hankie, cashmere/wool DB overcoat, and peccary gloves. It's still freezing here in southwestern Germany.

VS-Dove-w-22charcoal_flannel_linenknittie_broadclothlightblue2_zpsf851b029.jpg

VS-Dove-w-22charcoal_flannel_linenknittie_peccary3_zpsee5151d0.jpg

VS-Dove-w-22charcoal_flannel_linenknittie_broadclothlightblue1_zps97a01f56.jpg

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Art, & Company Thank you for the good feedback, The Hat is truely deserving of all the good words

Rabbit
Dressed to impress
You prove that Dove is so easy to please
Dressed up or down its the color to grab

Last edited:

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Thank you Che. The Dove color seems to act as an anchor to so many outfits, just like solid dark navy neckties anchor most suitings.

hatband, POW checks are a great opportunity for pleasure suits. There are larger checks for casual suits, and the almost semi-solid-looking, more subtle checks as the suit above.

Another Dove day -

5 3/4" x 2 3/8" Dove w/ 19 L black

Today with chalk stripe flannel, English Madder print tie, and Harris Tweed DB overcoat. Brim up for Che!

VS-Dove-w-19black_chalkstripeflannel_maddertie_1_zps1489dfd0.jpg

VS-Dove-w-19black_chalkstripeflannel_maddertie_2_zpsade627e4.jpg

VS-Dove-w-19black_chalkstripeflannel_maddertie_3_zpsb2878af0.jpg

Last edited:

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Wow
Outstanding Ensemble !
That suit & overcoat blend perfect
The Dove & black ribbon is sweet
How many dove VS do you have ?
I can see a 2nd Dove in my collection
With a wide ribbon It looks sharp brim up
Especially the side profile. I like the look
Pure nostalgia of days past.
Great fabric choices in the attire

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Thank you, Che. I always enjoy paying homage to the days past.

I have two dressweight Dove hats, the 5 3/4" x 2 3/8" Dove w/ 19 L black from today's post and the 5 1/2" x 2 3/8" Dove w/ 22 L charcoal from yesterday's post.
I have something lightweight on order as well... :)

I can thoroughly recommend a wide ribbon in charcoal or black. To me, a Dove felt with black band is the quintessential gray hat. This felt is also the perfect candidate for ribbons in pastel shades and jewel colors. If ever there was a gray felt suitable for more unusual adornments, this is it.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24