Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

winter_joe

A-List Customer
New from Art received on Saturday. Just in time for a trip to Paris. And I could have sworn a guy crossing in at DeGaulle was wearing a black cherry Art creation as well.

- Ed
http://db.tt/feZH8BTp
Wow very beautiful falis!! What color combo is that? Silverbelly? Reminds me if the artlite fedora arts working on for me. It's a tribute to James Cagney and the 1930s tough guys he played on the silver screen. It's silvermist attire felt with a black hat band and a sliver of crystal colored ribbon on the bow. Typical 1930s fedora 6 or so inch crown with reverse taper and an overwrite 2 1/4 inch brim if my memory serves me correct. All in all very excited to revive it when it's done.

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
IMG_20130413_134713.jpg

To get the picture to show up I just replaced the www with a dl in the linked to image.

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Im late to the party,

Ed,
the Pandora is amazing i am really enjoying the color combo & the excellent blocking on the crown, Just amazing, enjoy it !

falis,
I would wear that VS proudly in Paris & every where else, Enjoy your Trip !

:cool:
Well i have been away a few days enjoying some R & R cant do it with my VS-Lite !
232323232%7Ffp73479%3Enu%3D3647%3E637%3E2%3C5%3E27386373%3B625%3Aot1lsi

Art's Lite Felts are the perfect travel companion & this Dove really mixes & matches great.

232323232%7Ffp73476%3Enu%3D3647%3E637%3E367%3E273863745825%3Aot1lsi

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Folks I would like to showcase my new VS Wanderer.

IMG_4884-M.jpg

The fedora takes it's inspiration from the Stetson Wanderer. The features and details of the hat are all Art Fawcett. I did ask for a Che inspired bow. Love the ribbon work.

51Wanderer-M.jpg

Art Fawcett had available his light weight felt in dove and worked his magic with the ribbon and binding. The light weight felt of the dove is truly a wonder. I do have a couple of dove hats (VS-Startoliner inspired) and truly love the color. The dove, as covered well in this thread, is an incredibly versatile color. The light weight is magical. It is pliable without being floppy in a strong breeze. I love the visual smoothness, yet close up you can see the texture variances. The thickness of the brim allows it to snap and hold. The light weight felt works can be worn in such a wide variety of temps.

IMG_4882-M.jpg

I include the above pic as it not only shows the interior liner and band, but that the hat is pliable but pops right back to the intended shape. The interior liner is a tastefull brown that coordinates great with the leather band. I think it is eye catching. When you slide the liner out, wala, the hat has a tip top liner. Gorgeous work.

IMG_4881-M.jpg

The vents can be seen in the above pic. They are more than clever decorations to an otherwise stunning field of dove. The vents actually work. I have other VS's with the vents and they do offer an exchange of air that is comfortable when the cool morning turns to a wamer afternoon in the same VS Wanderer.

IMG_4879-M.jpg

The VS Wanderer, I feel, offers a great balance between the hat that is worn in the fields/woods and then can easily walk downtown. I am a proud Art Fawcett customer and wear my VS hats frequently.

IMG_4873-M.jpg

Top to bottom - Granite, Silverbelly and dove Wanderers.

Thanks for allowing me to share my gorgeous VS Wanderer created by the master craftsman Art Fawcett. Everybody needs a VS!

IMG_4871-M.jpg

Best wishes, Eric -

Last edited:

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Eric
The wanderer s presentation is excellent .
Pics are beautiful & comparison shots are well done.
A great hat overall !

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
HatsRme and Seabass; Thanks guys for your comments. I have to tip my brim to Art as his hats make me so very happy. Che, your love of hats is catchy and inspiring. Back at you for sharing the pics. Your recent pics are truly GRAND! Love the dove hat on you. I will work in the up-brim wearing this hat as it does work well to my eye.

Off wanderering, Eric -

falis

New in Town
Hi winter_joe,

This is the Honeyboy from his Bluesman series, but without the brim binding. Dove with a pinkish ribbon. Really nice looking.

- Ed

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Ed; I am catching up on the thread and am gazing at your gorgeous hat. Man that color does not get shown enough. Spectacularly rich colored felt. I imagine you will be garnering lots of comments about that hat. Congrats on the showy , yet classy hat sir.

Falis; Your Bluesman dove is truly special. I like the crown height and ribbon work on that model. Just plain sharp. I can see why you travled with the classy fedora. Everybody got's Em Blues!

Che; I checked your pics again. Man, that looks like a spot I would like to relax in.

Eric -

g.durand

One Too Many
falis--that is one beautiful hat. I haven't been to Paris in nine years. I may be time to start thinking about going again, and taking a hat! What a great time of year to be there, too. Paris in the spring.

winter-joe--your description of the VS you have in progress makes me think of asking Art to do something similar, since many of those 1930s hats had characteristics that I like.

Che--what can I say, man---a couple of glasses of wine with a hat in view, what more do you need?

Eric--come on out to California. As Che can attest, the livin' is easy! I really like your new VS addition.

So I just became one of Art's customers, after lurking here and having you guys steer me in the right direction. So thanks to you all. I busted the budget on these, but it was worth it.

All I told Art was I wanted a 5 1/2 inch open crown, 2 1/2 inch bound brim, one in Granite and one in Whiskey. I decided to go with the dress weight felt. I sent some photos I scoured from this thread to let him know what ribbon treatment I would like, and here is what I got yesterday.

Granite:
IMG_2270_zps54a2bccb.jpg

IMG_2273_zpsf2f1443b.jpg

IMG_2271_zpsf14becb8.jpg

IMG_2275_zps17d619f2.jpg

And the noggin shot:

IMG_2281_zpsf9143683.jpg

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
G; Dog-gone those are sweet! The little bit of ribbon color on the granite really is striking. I do like the crown heoght and brim dimensions on you. Congrats to both you and Art.

Hey, almost forgot, you have green vines in your pics. It reminds me what it looks like to have spring. Nice spring hat shots.

Eric -

seabass

Call Me a Cab
g.durand
2 in 1 day , that's a sweet combo !
Excellent choices on colors , dimensions, etc.
Pics are outstanding , enjoy your duo !
Che

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
g.durand I didn't see that Whiskey until after I had commented on your granite. Man I love that whiskey color. I was struggling between whiskey and pecan and I finally decided on Pecan. I am excited to see what shows up in a few weeks! The proportions are a perfect fit for you as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24