Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

Banky

One of the Regulars
Thank you gentlemen. You would have to ask art the exact colors name. He just told me this was as close as he could come. Yes the ribbon is copper.

g.durand

One Too Many
Got the Blu-Ray DVD of Lawless for Father's Day. Lots of nice lids in that movie. Jessica Chastain is all I can recall though....

... well I recall the hats.....and Jessica Chastain.

Not a bad movie, though, and congrats Banky. Is this your first VS? If so, then you did well, and welcome to the club.

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Looks great Banky! Good job Art that's a great reproduction. Now Banky all you have to do is put it on and pull it off by the pinch a couple thousand times and it will be a dead ringer!

gambit

New in Town
Wow Banky, that's a nice one. Makes me want to get something in copper ribbon even more.

Winter Joe - Nice color combo. Wish I could pull off a stingy brim. Now need pics of you in it!

BR Gordon

One Too Many
When you're used to 2 5/8" or more, 2 1/4" appears narrow. I really like your 2 1/4" brim, so you've given me a good reason for a new hat.

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Thank you gentlemen. You would have to ask art the exact colors name. He just told me this was as close as he could come. Yes the ribbon is copper.

Congratulations on your first VS, Banky.
Do I gather that this felt was custom dyed? I mean, the beaver felt and the regular staple (rabbit) felt dyes are basically the same, only some colors are not available in staple felt. Is this felt different from the regular brown felts like chocolate or pecan?

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Nice, winter joe!

Banky, that's fantastic. Congrats! I always admired Tom Hardy's hat from that film as well, in fact I've dreamed of having an entire "Lawless" collection-- a lot of cool lids with tons of character!

The color (and dimensions, for that matter) of Hardy's hat looks different in just about every photo and under various lighting conditions, don't you think? I had a repro made by Falcon Park Hattery, and went back and forth between a natural color, or more of a Sahara, maybe a "Chocolate Milk" and ended up with a really super variation that I've liked a lot, though the ribbon is a bit wider. Anyway that one looks really super!

Banky

One of the Regulars
Congratulations on your first VS, Banky.
Do I gather that this felt was custom dyed? I mean, the beaver felt and the regular staple (rabbit) felt dyes are basically the same, only some colors are not available in staple felt. Is this felt different from the regular brown felts like chocolate or pecan?

I don't believe so, again it would come down to Art. He said he could not get the color in Century (Beaver) felt. As is why this hat was made in Joey (Rabbit). I simply deferred to Art's better judgement. Thanks for the nice comments as well everyone.

Banky

One of the Regulars
The color (and dimensions, for that matter) of Hardy's hat looks different in just about every photo and under various lighting conditions, don't you think? I had a repro made by Falcon Park Hattery, and went back and forth between a natural color, or more of a Sahara, maybe a "Chocolate Milk" and ended up with a really super variation that I've liked a lot, though the ribbon is a bit wider. Anyway that one looks really super!

Yes, in fact I'm certain there was more than one hat used in the film. Art's work I find accurate for the majority of scenes and I'm more than happy with it.

mustangman3000

One of the Regulars
y7ymy4yg.jpg
jerehe9u.jpg
3u5y9ebu.jpg

Just got this today! It's a birthday present from my brother.

It's black cherry with a steel grey ribbon and a triple stitched brim.

It's a really great and unique combination! Thanks Zack and Art for this amazing hat!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace