Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
Heres some pics.:)
bow001ja1.jpg

bow003om2.jpg

radsag

New in Town
Liner

daizawaguy said:
I`d really love to see a close up of Art`s recent folded box ribbons.

If you will all allow me, I`d like to repost a better shot of my six month old beauty for the record. (handlebarbart, don`t worry, its not another new one, but I AM thinking a sage green one!)

Christmas2008011-1.jpg
What is the lining color?

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
daizawaguy said:
If you will all allow me, I`d like to repost a better shot of my six month old beauty for the record. (handlebarbart, don`t worry, its not another new one, but I AM thinking a sage green one!)

Christmas2008011-1.jpg

Is that Art's midnight blue, D-guy?

Splitcoil

One of the Regulars
I need to stay out of this thread

I already have one VS and I keep thinking of ordering another, and another. After just lecturing my wife on the importance of our saving money for various home repairs, I'm afraid my hat-buying power has declined to zero.

That blue is just amazing, daizawaguy. Wear it in health.

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
handlebar bart said:
Believe it or not its 'steel'. Its wonderful color in person Bob.:eusa_clap Are you tempted?

I never stop being tempted, Bart. I try to resist: I have the (questionable) ability but not the desire. lol lol lol

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
lc1484 said:
I just put in a new order with Art for another VS...custom one this time in blue smoke..

I'll keep you all posted.
:D

I am anxious to see your blue smoke, that is the next color on my wish list. That first VS is enough to make a beaver felt junkie out of ya.

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
BobC said:
I never stop being tempted, Bart. I try to resist: I have the (questionable) ability but not the desire. lol lol lol

I know the feeling, that is why I got married. My wife has enough restraint for the both of us because I have very little.:D

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
handlebar bart said:
Believe it or not its 'steel'. Its wonderful color in person Bob.:eusa_clap Are you tempted?

That's Steel!?! It looks so blue on my screen. Wow. :eek:

Funny that Steel and Blue Smoke get mentioned just now. I wore both today - Smoke this morning, Steel this afternoon! :D

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
handlebar bart said:

I think I may have discovered the source of the confusion! If it was my midnight blue hat everyone was referring to (pictured above) it is indeed BLUE! I think HandlebarBart was thinking of something subliminal...like "I want that hat in steel"...when he wrote the above quote, right HB!? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :)

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
daizawaguy said:
I think I may have discovered the source of the confusion! If it was my midnight blue hat everyone was referring to (pictured above) it is indeed BLUE! I think HandlebarBart was thinking of something subliminal...like "I want that hat in steel"...when he wrote the above quote, right HB!? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :)

Oh, thats midnight blue? Wow. I thought the midnight was darker than that. Confusion on my part.:eek:

Alucard73

One of the Regulars
The Recession has cought up to me (and/or Christmas). I was contacted by Art with the great news that I was up after being on the list for a little while. Unfortunately, I had to decline. It was a tough choice. Food...New Hat....Food....New Hat, I really had to think about it. In the end, it was the gaunt faces of my children that swayed me. Sorry Art.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Alucard73 said:
The Recession has cought up to me (and/or Christmas). I was contacted by Art with the great news that I was up after being on the list for a little while. Unfortunately, I had to decline. It was a tough choice. Food...New Hat....Food....New Hat, I really had to think about it. In the end, it was the gaunt faces of my children that swayed me. Sorry Art.

So the equation was your children's starvation vs looking good in an objet d'ART?:p

You went with the children???...you failed the Lounger test at the first hurdle!:D :D lol

Torpedo

One Too Many
Hi,

Midnite Blue is indeed darker than it is apparent in the above photos, like these pics of my own hat in that colour show:

DSC_0014.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0001.jpg

This is my first VS hat (and my first cutom hat, too). I discussed with Art about dimensions and general characteristics, but I left him some leeway. Some details were agreed upon before (like dimensions, 5 1/2'' open crown, 2 1/2'' brim; colour, Midnite Blue with red accents), and others were more loosely defined (like crease or ribbon specifications). I am extremely pleased with the final result.

Regards!

Alucard73

One of the Regulars
cookie said:
So the equation was your children's starvation vs looking good in an objet d'ART?:p

You went with the children???...you failed the Lounger test at the first hurdle!:D :D lol
I know, I know..."Where there is a will, there is a way". Its just that they have really been cracking down on bank robbery in Texas these days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24