Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

g.durand

One Too Many
mustangman3000--that's a beauty. Congrats on adding to your VS collection. I grew up in south Louisiana and I've got to hand it to you for wearing felts in the summer there. That's some dedication.

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I've never really had a problem with wearing my felts in the summer and I live in central Louisiana where the average temperatures are in the mid to high 90s with high humidity.

:arated: I like my felts all the time too. Maybe I just don't have a straw that I like but the ones I have don't feel any cooler to me. I am glad we don't have the humidity in my neck of the south.

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
I've never really had a problem with wearing my felts in the summer and I live in central Louisiana where the average temperatures are in the mid to high 90s with high humidity.

But Art makes wonderful Panama's and Milan's. Once it hits 70 degrees I sweat and I don't like sweating wearing a hat.:) The seasons let me have an excuse to wear all different styles of hats.

mustangman3000

One of the Regulars
mustangman3000--that's a beauty. Congrats on adding to your VS collection. I grew up in south Louisiana and I've got to hand it to you for wearing felts in the summer there. That's some dedication.

Thank you!
Truth be told, I bought this hat from Art last year but it never got Much head time so I sent it back to him a few weeks ago.
It had a 2 1/2 over welt brim, grey Mac B style bow and a smaller crown.
I thought I had pictures of it before the change but I don't.

And my oldest brother also thinks I'm nuts for wearing my felts in summer!

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Wow! My wife and I grew up as Pacific Ocean people, and have rejected the "lake life" (not on purpose) since moving to the midwest 10 years ago, and lately we've been rather lusting after it! Sell hats, buy a boat? Probably not...
(Sorry to be OT!)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo