Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

Jauntyone

Practically Family
Hello Landman,

I've been following your posts and I would've posted some pics earlier but my family and I are in the process of moving house, to a town 320 miles south of where we were and we've been driving back and forth, keeping some stuff in storage, putting other stuff in the in-laws' basement and the rest is boxed up in a tiny apartment until we can find a housr to rent or buy. Plus I'm looking for a new job... Anyway, just for you, I dug into our stuff and found my VS Ivory. I am posting some photos with a few other VS hats, a "natural", a "steel blue" and a "blue mist" to give you some reference. These pictures were taken in natural sunlight and with flash:

Awesome VS Hats 001.jpg Awesome VS Hats 002.jpg Awesome VS Hats 003.jpg Awesome VS Hats 004.jpg Awesome VS Hats 005.jpg Awesome VS Hats 006.jpg Awesome VS Hats 007.jpg

Jauntyone

Practically Family
Here are a couple more photos with a VS "dove" hat, with and without flash.
If I had to describe the the Ivory color, I'd say it was a very, very light butter color, definately a bit of yellow in there, though very light. The silvermist has more of a blue tint and the silverbelly is more neutral, being a really light tan.

Awesome VS Hats 008.jpg Awesome VS Hats 009.jpg

Lotsahats

One Too Many
Here are a couple more photos with a VS "dove" hat, with and without flash.
If I had to describe the the Ivory color, I'd say it was a very, very light butter color, definately a bit of yellow in there, though very light. The silvermist has more of a blue tint and the silverbelly is more neutral, being a really light tan.

Lighting makes a huge difference!

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
It really does! The last two pictures (with and without a flash) are a prime example.

One should expect some amount of "color-washing" when shooting against a colored wall - in this case a yellow. One should also expect different amount of color-washing, when the scene is lighted with very different intensities. Add the fact, that most modern digi-cameras insist on guessing the "correct" white-balance, which is great when shooting at aunt Anna's birthday - but not suited for critical photographing.

No doubt that light has a great influence on colors in a picture, but the difference between flash and natural light (around noon) is very small. It's not likely, that light alone played the photographer a trick in this case :)

Lotsahats

One Too Many
Add to it that many sellers either don't think about it or don't care. I will say that every hat I've picked up from a fellow Lounger has been described and photographed accurately. Art's felt image page is so useful for this very point.

A

pfisto22

New in Town
VS Hats with other than ribbon

Good evening,
Ok another VS question as I am on the list and the waiting is unbearable. So now I am trying to figure exactly how to ask Art to make this work of Art. My question does anyone have a fedora hat band with anything other than ribbon like maybe leather or horsehair. Is this a dumb question???
Thanks

jbucklin

Practically Family
Good evening,
Ok another VS question as I am on the list and the waiting is unbearable. So now I am trying to figure exactly how to ask Art to make this work of Art. My question does anyone have a fedora hat band with anything other than ribbon like maybe leather or horsehair. Is this a dumb question???
Thanks

I know Art has made hats before with a leather band. It was a less expensive line that he introduced a year or two ago and I distinctly remember seeing the photos, though I can't remember the name of the hat or the series. I'm sure some other loungers will chime in and maybe even direct you to the page with the photos. I believe they were on Art's "Hall of Fame" thread. Also, I believe Art is out of town right now.

And no, there are no dumb questions on the Fedora Lounge. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran